Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
michel

stone fly nymph and adult

Michel,

A little comment...if I may....hope you don't mind.

You should take a good look at some pictures of the real thing and check the position of the legs on you flies. The front pair are coming fron under the head. Stone clingers have them taht way but stone flies don't. The front part of the stone fly can be devided into 4 quarters....2 wingcases the shoulderpart (pronotum if I'm not mistaken) and the head. The legs are coming from below the wingcases and the shoulderpart. If you take a look at your flies you see the 2 wingcases but only one pair of legs...this way you have an imidiate space/proportion problem which will show in the end result. Now given the way the flies look you have the skills so it should be a small adjustment for you to get it right on the next one.....it will be worth it...believe me.

Greets Paul.

Michel,

A little comment...if I may....hope you don't mind.

You should take a good look at some pictures of the real thing and check the position of the legs on you flies. The front pair are coming fron under the head. Stone clingers have them taht way but stone flies don't. The front part of the stone fly can be devided into 4 quarters....2 wingcases the shoulderpart (pronotum if I'm not mistaken) and the head. The legs are coming from below the wingcases and the shoulderpart. If you take a look at your flies you see the 2 wingcases but only one pair of legs...this way you have an imidiate space/proportion problem which will show in the end result. Now given the way the flies look you have the skills so it should be a small adjustment for you to get it right on the next one.....it will be worth it...believe me.

Greets Paul.

Hi Paul

Thank you for your advice ; I was studied the insect picture for the details.

thank you for your attention I like to receive good advice.

michel