Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JCS456

First Fly Ever

Not too bad as a first ill admit mine didnt even look that good when i started what id recomend is to post all your flies let every one critique them and get some materials to tie a wooly bugger and tie dozens of those Keep at it man you can do just takes practice

Just keep at it, you'll get it

May i suggest an easy pattern that you might want to try.

Wire Nymph:

Body: Colored wire with the best colors being red, silver, and yellow

Thorax: black dubbing or black ice dubbing or fine black chenille

Hackle: brown duck soft hackeled

I will post a picture in a little bit.

I am not sure mine looked that good either. Like others have said, you need to keep at it. Try the simple patterns first. That way you can learn simple techniques and tie flies. A green chenille inch worm is pretty is as well. You just need a swimming nymph hook, green chenille and thread. Let me know if you need a step by step, hook numbers or photos of it.

thats a good start now just keep practicing like everyone else and you'll get better(by the way thats way better than my first tie) :thumbup:

Well JCS456, you have found the right place to get better, and the photo is good. So keep at it, let us know what you fish for and where you fish at, and I am certain we can help.

Cheers, Futzer.

I'm new also, but it's my understanding that there are only two hard and fast rules to fly tying. They have to not fall apart and they have to catch fish.