Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jconns

Sea Trout Flies

I was wondering what are some good patterns for sea run browns. I'm new to fly fishing and fly tying so i need some advice.

I find any flashy minnow imitation works well, also buggers with alittle flash in them also. I'll try to get some pics of some of mine today or tonight.

Go to the top of the page and click on ‘Fly Pattern Database'. On the left side of page choose the type of fish your looking for. Should be something there that you can use. Good luck.

Jconns,

It depends where you are fishing. What rivers/waters are you planning on fishing. I find chartreuse bead head caddis nymphs productive on certain rivers. I am told clouser minnows are productive but I have never caught anything on them. Have a couple wolly buggers in both black and olive.

Usually this time of year people fish really small (18-22) black flies or black silver tips. I will post a photo of my fly boxes so you can have a look.

Phil

I was wondering what are some good patterns for sea run browns. I'm new to fly fishing and fly tying so i need some advice.

Try lots of beadhead nymphs olive and black size 8-16.. big steamers as well..they are not too picky this time of year..where are you planning on fishing?

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll try and tie some of these.

Ahh, I plan on fishing a few rivers on the Avalon