Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MontanaBound

Smokie Mountain Trip

Well i guess we are making a trip down to gatlinburg. It will be the first weekend of march. any ideas of the hatches, or maybe some good patterns to get ready.

thanks

if you are fishing in town...wooly buggers,eggs, bright patterns have always worked for me, surrounding areas look for bwo's and little black stoneflys. I have only been there twice and it has been a while since i have been there.

Check out

www.littleriveroutfitters.com

They are located in Townsend.....fantastic fly shop! they also have online fishing reports and an online forum which can be quite helpful.

Mike

Tons of water to fish. Look to fish nymphs on some great wild streams.

Quill Gordons, March Browns, Blue quills, BWOs (16-22), and maybe some sulphurs for the SoHo if you go there... others: black crystal bugger, PT, Prince, March Brown nymph, and GRHE nymph/softhackle

well my trip is coming up this week. anyone in the area that would like to do a little fishing? was hoping to meet up with a few people from the forum for a little forum fishing. Been there a few time and actually did alright the last time i went. One day i fished the abrams, and had a really hard time. I also fished the Little River back behind elkmont campground. I hiked back about a mile and started. Did alright there, lots of small rainbows. it was lots of fun. I will probably go back there again to try my luck at a few holes. i am sure there is a lot of fishing pressure there but like i said, i landed about 5 fish that afternoon. hoping to a little better this time.