Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DSFlyman

Recession Busters

I find chiwawas very kickable :hyst: jusst kidding i dont really do that, my dogs are put in place by the big ole black cat,misty, she hisses and claws them every time they walk by

Same here, by our cat Motor (the name fits him--you should hear him purr :hyst: ). Only the chihuhua gets back at the cats, she chases them every time they get scolded :gun_bandana: :nono:

Roadkill. Here, we've got squirrels, possums, raccoons, as well as the occasional fox, coyote and bird. We've also got a lot of mute swans in the coves. All you need is a machete and guts enough to approach their nests. Don't worry about chasing them - they'll be happy to come to you. They're also reputed to make a fine sunday dinner, which will help stretch your food dollar.

Hello all, I see in the dungeon hair, fur, dubbing, but no feathers! I have a full Ring Neck Pheasant pelt, along with a full Deer hide, 2 Mallard wings, 2 Pheasant tails....looking for other feathers. Any ideas for good feather prices!?!

Also, I have contacted my local taxidermy shops and a couple have unclaimed items they are willing to sell cheap, not to mention one is sending me strips from shoulders from Bear, Elk, Bison, and Caribou, for free that is! :yahoo:

Ahhh another good source for free stuff......The fly shop! If you have a local shop and become a regular they usually get lots off stuff from customers and will pass it along. So far I've gotten... About 20 pheasant tail clumps, hare's foot, red squirrel tail, barred and unbarred woodduck, a pheasant skin and a bucktail. I've also had a whole deer hide offered but my mom wouldn't allow it grrrr..... But ya It's a good source though you may have to clean and dry some of the stuff.

THE SWAP BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we have a link to "The Swap Box"? I goggled it and it shows parenting sites.

I find chiwawas very kickable :hyst: jusst kidding i dont really do that, my dogs are put in place by the big ole black cat,misty, she hisses and claws them every time they walk by

My house is the same way..... big white dog walks by declawed cat and he thinks its a game and the stupid cat thinks it is the end of the world..... Both great tying supplies now only if i could get to that cat without to much damage to me-or the cat....

THE SWAP BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we have a link to "The Swap Box"? I goggled it and it shows parenting sites.

The swap box is a swap hosted on this very site by Day5, its in the fly swaps/contests forum

Cream dubbing from the family chihuahua as well as great para-post material (I use the white tail hair), hare substitute (which wroks awsome) from the tabby cat, wire (for weighting) from those plastic twisty-ties (make sure to strip off ther plastic). Hoards of mallard flank feathers from a friends flock of ducks, premium wet fly hackle from another friends goodly supply of hens, streamer hackle from the roosters. There are so many places to get supplies.... :devil:

Well that plain ain't fair.

CheyAnne