Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Matt W

Western PA

Hello everyone. I finally decided to post, been lurking for a couple of weeks and have picked up some good pointers. I am new to fly tying and would like to post some pics of my first flies to gain some feedback. Also just ordered Hatches and looking forward to receiving it. Great site!

Thanks

Hello everyone. I finally decided to post, been lurking for a couple of weeks and have picked up some good pointers. I am new to fly tying and would like to post some pics of my first flies to gain some feedback. Also just ordered Hatches and looking forward to receiving it. Great site!

Thanks

Welcome Matt, Im a Western PA boy myself, originally.

I don't post much either. It seems whenever I have a question, I just look here and within a few hours either way... someone else has had the same question. I live about 15 mile south of Pittsburgh.The Cabin Fever show at the Sheraton North was today from 9:00 Am until 4:00 PM. I went for a few hours.

Roy

About 40 miles North of Pittsburgh, wish I would have known about the show sooner. I have been doing the same Roy G. So far I have been able to solve my problems with a search through this website. I am anxious to get out and try some of my first flies. This morning after a couple of hours reading through the forum I decided to check the neighbors pond to see if there was still ice on it....there was. I figured catching a few bluegills would boost my confidence. Instead i walked home and practiced casting. Can't wait till the weather breaks!