Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Cole

Madpus - Ticked Off Persian Cat

Pay no attention to the eyes installed in the wrong position, I had a brain lapse at the time.

Oh well, I have already tied some more with the eyes in the correct position.

Sweet fly dude, might have to try that one out. Now as for the eyes being in the wrong position, why would you want them on the underside of the hook? I would think having them on top would be better sense its going to flip the hook over preventing snags.

Sweet fly dude, might have to try that one out. Now as for the eyes being in the wrong position, why would you want them on the underside of the hook? I would think having them on top would be better sense its going to flip the hook over preventing snags.

Thanks man, I have tied a a lot of them that way as well and it is what I fish most of the time. But for 10'+ of water around or near spawning flats for big largemouth looking for a meal, I tied a couple this way. If you tie a couple, be sure to use some red for the gills, you would not believe the difference it makes.

Looking for constructive criticism. Good fly, bad fly? Let me have it.

I like it - looks like a big meal!

My only question would be why not palmer the marabou? I've found that you can get nice "bulk" with a little less material by palmering in the marabou. Another plus is that you can palmer in two colors at once to get a pretty wide range of coloration. I like where you have the eyes - I like to keep the hook gap as clear as possible.

I like it - looks like a big meal!

Believe it or not the fly is only about 3 3/4" long, the photos make it look 5"+.

Cool fly, you didn't by any chance actually use persian cat fur for your fly, did you? :hyst: :j_k:

HAHA, I should have. :hyst: