Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BillyBrookTrout

The Color Purple

Looks pretty 'green-ish' doesn't it Stip? lol

BCT

My photo was unretouched picture from my bud's, BillyBobFishGuy, personal work collection. He acts like a redneck but has doctoral level training and worked decades as a fishery biologist. If he believes in purple fish, I believe in purple fish.

Got it, BCT, No worries

I was actually agreeing and responding to Chell's attempt to "correct" the color that appeared true and accurate.

Dang this is too technical, because I have no idea how to color correct anything.

Probably won't learn either, betting Bimini and Chell are sorry they taught me how to post photos more efficiently... :)

It's harder to RE-correct the color. I was basing my touch up on the sky's reflection across the top.

Perhaps I did go a bit too far in the other direction, but it's still closer to real than the original. Someone enhanced that photo ... I just de-hanced it.

I know there's purple in the piscine world ...

2-21-16 (3).JPG

I'm just not sure that shad has it.

Guest Gnfishn
On 3/30/2009 at 2:34 PM, Fred H. said:

Purple biots can be made by dying white ones with purple clothing dye . Sometimes you just have to go with what works as far as color is concerned. I know bass will gobble up a purple worm . And crappie will hit chartruse and blue . These colors are seldom if ever seen in their forage species.

Purple sharpie works great as well without the mess.  Also, pearl tinsel to purple works well for casings.

2 hours ago, Guest Gnfishn said:

Purple sharpie works great as well without the mess.  Also, pearl tinsel to purple works well for casings.

+1

About a zillion posts about purple.  Use any color as long as it’s purple.   Interesting to see the science about it. ‘09

FCB0FDB3-F1E0-4DD0-9A03-1166E50718C9.jpeg

23 minutes ago, denduke said:

About a zillion posts about purple.  Use any color as long as it’s purple.   Interesting to see the science about it. ‘09

FCB0FDB3-F1E0-4DD0-9A03-1166E50718C9.jpeg

Here is one I did in honor of Dollar Tree Mike's achievement of getting within 500 posts of Admin, on this forum.  2nd All Time!

Makes the head spin.......DSC06747.JPG

2 hours ago, denduke said:

Got accused of making lures not flies.

🤣 All flies are lures ... but not all lures are flies.   This conversation has cycled through many times.  Personally, I think the only distinction is, if it can be cast and fished with a fly rod (The line casting the lure, not the weight of the lure pulling the line) then it's a fly.

Those are some good looking lures which look too heavy to comfortably cast with a fly rod.  Or flies if they aren't as heavy as they look.