Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JakeGerardKud

What's your opinion on eggs??

Just out of curiousity...I'm wondering what everyone thinks about eggs on the back of spinners? I have found from my own experiences that just a wee bit of yellow dubbing or something brite on the tail of spinners produces better over the standard tie. This tiny little detail may sound crazy, but I feel like it makes a big difference and it only take a few extra seconds to tie it in. My camera is down right now...sorry no picture.

Also another minute detail is a very small bushy tail on an elk wing caddis to suggest a shuck. For this I use yellow lite brite and I do not use hackle on my caddis.

Just wondering how many of you guys do this as well or believe that it make a difference.

Thanks for the responses. Just fulfilling my curiousity. I've seen ties that are actually an egg pattern. A parachute with about a half inch of mono tied off the bottom of the hook with a little yellow dubbing on it. I can't find any photos right now.