Fly Tying
rich5665

Size 16 or Smaller Swap

okay I tied one up and this is the first time I get to see it close up. :wallbash: Blind leading the blind. rich5665 take a look and tell me if I should try something easier or what? Tiny is not my normal tie. It is on a 22 1xl.

post-15490-1243005208_thumb.jpg :dunno:

okay I tied one up and this is the first time I get to see it close up. :wallbash: Blind leading the blind. rich5665 take a look and tell me if I should try something easier or what? Tiny is not my normal tie. It is on a 22 1xl.

Wow size 22, I'm impressed, I have a hard time seeing a #16 hook with out glasses. It looks good to me, that fly would fit in well with tiny ones in dry fly box.

Did I mention I was going to buy stronger magnifying glasses? :hyst: :hyst:

It's time to get out the really Good :bugeyes: Glasses.

It will be a red quill or Comparadackle.

Frank aka Student4evr

Welcome to the swap Student4evr (Frank). WOW, I'm beginning to feel like I'm out of my element. I'm surrounded by extremely experienced tyers :lol:

Id like to participate in this swap if nobody minds that this is my first post. I was recommended this sight by a friend and have been tying for a few months. Im 16 also. I was thinking of tying a sulphur of some type. The major sulphur hatches should be happening when these flies are due. I may be out of line for making this my first post, but I hope nobody minds. Im more of a lurker than poster.

Just to let you know mate i'll tie up a size 16 Jaffahog. its a pattern from Orkney Scotland.

NWPASteelie -Trust me no one will mind, you have to start some where - Welcome to the swap and FTF. Check the swap rules at the top of this forum, the information there is extremely helpful. Can't wait to see what you tie up.

Two spots left

I must be crazy, I am in. Size 32 hmmmmmmm nope the famous TBD.

ibian - Welcome you to the swap. Is there a #32 TBD :hyst:

There sure is. Not sure if I can see a #32 but I'll go hook shopping this weekend and see what I can come up with. I love a challenge and 20/0 thread. :bugeyes:

We have truly gone global

Just a wee bit North and East of my fore fathers homeland of Wales, we have Thistle who is representing Scotland. From The Land Down Under we have Fly_fischa, and Canada is represented by Horseshoes, Skoli ibian and Jimmyboy. From the West Coast we have ibrb, cencalyfly, jburge and student4evr. DavidR has the Rockies and the South East covered, West PA is covered by NWPASteelie and I've got the North East. This is gonna be a rockin swap.

I'm calling my fly a 22 1xL "too small to tell" It is just a small brown dry gnat or something like " no see ums " :dunno: I'm trying to do a dry with materials small enough to handle. I am sure someone knows what it is closest to. :help: Maybe I should of zoomed in closer. I am going to look for those mags you can wear or maybe on a stand. Whatever I can find today. But if they are fine then I'll start the rest.

fly_fischa here are the photos, couldn't figure out how to upload into the PM.

Okay the first photo shows the original with the new green in the back. I tried thinning down and flattening the thread like you suggested. Bear with me, this is only the second time....

post-15490-1243192130_thumb.jpg

This one shows it alone. So tiny I'm not really set up to get great pics at that size. Tried to get a head shot. Dang thing kept flying away.

post-15490-1243192094_thumb.jpg

This last one is the mag I went out and bought today. It is a helpers hands with a mag. I took it apart and rebuilt to use with vise. Works great.

post-15490-1243192110_thumb.jpg

Tiny buggers aren't they.