Fly Tying
terrome

Crayfish Xtreme

Wow is that bad azz! Bet it took for ever to tie. Came out looking real!

Brent

[Hey Adrian if you don't mind some constructive critisizm. This my crawfish where I'm at now. Notice the legs how they tie in to the thorax .The legs cover almost the entire underside of the thorax . And your tail could be a little beafier. But I do like what I see in the big claws . nice job.

Fredattachment=20837:P7100039_1.JPG]

post-11886-1247800881_thumb.jpg

Hey Adrian,

I might aswell just save a template for my response on your posts on the forum....they are the same every single time. It looks as detailed and well proportioned as allways. Nice work.

A quick search on the web for some pics shows that the legs are exactly where they should be. Although this might be different with different types of crayfish....don't know...they only ones I see here are in my salad so there is nothing left to study anymore ;)

Greets Paul

Hi Adrian

Your fly is a great job;

Do you can send others photos of this fly (zoom details)

michel

Dear Fred

The proportions of crayfish are correct, this is one from River Limay in Argentina (one of the best rivers around the world for fly fishing), but in order to know that you must to be a flyfisher man.

Is not serious if you try to correct me without any information about the sizes and proportions, here you have some pictures of this crayfish(Samastacus family). With this you can compare. You should put aside your criticized and malicious, and enjoy more of the work of the others, and you have something personal with me, this is not the proper way for discuss.

Thanks everyone Adrian

post-2580-1247874609_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1247874671_thumb.jpg

[Hey Adrian if you don't mind some constructive critisizm. This my crawfish where I'm at now. Notice the legs how they tie in to the thorax .The legs cover almost the entire underside of the thorax . And your tail could be a little beafier. But I do like what I see in the big claws . nice job.

Fredattachment=20837:P7100039_1.JPG]

Thats sick looking Fred! Would like to see it when its done :headbang: So what makes this crayfish extreme????

Dear Fred

The proportions of crayfish are correct, this is one from River Limay in Argentina (one of the best rivers around the world for fly fishing), but in order to know that you must to be a flyfisher man.

Is not serious if you try to correct me without any information about the sizes and proportions, here you have some pictures of this crayfish(Samastacus family). With this you can compare. You should put aside your criticized and malicious, and enjoy more of the work of the others, and you have something personal with me, this is not the proper way for discuss.

Thanks everyone Adrian

Adrian , there was nothing malicious about my post. I offered what I thought would help your crawfish look more like the ones I'm use to seeing.I 'm sorry if you think it was a personal attack. It wasn't. I even ended the post with a compliment. I thought we were beyond the pettiness. Let us put the past behind us and move forward.

Fred

To Fred

One thing that bothers me a lot is when you talk without any basis on what you're saying; Crayfish is a generic name for many species of decapod and obviously you do not know them at all, so I posted real Crayfish's pictures, with that you must to see that you are wrong, however you did not say anything about it and I'm still waiting; you are a very impulsive person who must learn to watch your own mistakes instead of looking for the outside where there is none, if you're looking for a way in order to be different from the others, you are in the wrong path, education and morality are in the other side.

Adrian

To Fred

One thing that bothers me a lot is when you talk without any basis on what you're saying; Crayfish is a generic name for many species of decapod and obviously you do not know them at all, so I posted real Crayfish's pictures, with that you must to see that you are wrong, however you did not say anything about it and I'm still waiting; you are a very impulsive person who must learn to watch your own mistakes instead of looking for the outside where there is none, if you're looking for a way in order to be different from the others, you are in the wrong path, education and morality are in the other side.

Adrian

It appears that you are not going to let this go.But I will not be drawn into another war of words with you. It is not good for this forum or flytying in general.

Fred

To Fred

Adrian

It appears that you are not going to let this go.But I will not be drawn into another war of words with you. It is not good for this forum or flytying in general.

Fred

In the blue corner we have the Argentinian decapod, And in the red corner we have the louisianian crawldad. You must keep your dominant claw behind your back at all times and tails in the out stretched position at all times. This will be a 15 round bout with a 3 falls rule. Gentlemen do you understand these directions as i have discused with you? Sooooooo leeeeeeeets get ready to ruuuuuuuummmmbbbblllleeeee. Just kiddin :rolleyes:

Very clever j74soonk, thanks for your sense of humour,and Fred I'm still waiting.... Cheers Adrian

Ok I have the popcorn ready...J/K both great works of art. More than I will probably be able to do...