Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

A little weather problem

Damn Paul, that thing is heading right for Tampa. Hope you got the hell out. They're drumming it up pretty good. 12' surges are quite draconian.

Good Luck! smile.gif

Hope you and the family stay safe and if you have to get out of the area GO, better to be safe than sorry.

Keep us posted

Fatman

Paul i hope your not still hanging around down there bud i been watchin the weather ch. and now there saying this one could be as bad a andrew and its upgraded to a cat. 4 now sad.gif

we'll be thinkin about ya and the family tonight.

looks like the main landfall is gonna be at port charlotte.... new port richey might actually not take the grunt of the storm. that being said, the place is on the canal 2 blocks from the main gulf, so odds are the surge will flood the place. take care, be safe, and godspeed.

steve

Well, everything turned out ok. The storm took that right turn down in Port Charlotte and all we've gotten is some rain. Talk about dodging a bullet. The bad thing is my mother, brother and sister live down there and I haven't been able to get in touch. My sister's home is (was?) on Sanibel Island and it took a hit from the eye wall of the storm. She evacuated yesterday, but I don't have any optimism about her house, not much can stand up to 140 mph winds. It may be a couple of days before I hear from them, the electricity and phones are out so there is just no way to find out. dunno.gif

yeah, i'm sorry to hear about your sisters home... i wish the best. Turns out going to winter haven wasn't the best move, but thanks to the weather forecasters, instead put them in more harms way than if they just stayed put. What can ya do I guess? Glad to hear you are alright, the phones and electricity is out in Winter Haven, so I hope my sister and Grandma are alright, not to mention my sisters new house.

steve

Yes I am a little conserned about my kids in Orlando bacause its heading through as of this minute.

OSD.