Fly Tying
Dezod

Itsy Bitsy Fly Swap and Contest

Got Flies yesterday from Utyer and Riddley nice ties guys

I know that flies are in the mail from Futzer, ecflies and Rich5665.

We are almost there everyone and it is going to be a fun contest and swap.

I'll keep everyone posted as the rest of the flies come in

C

Frank I knew I would hear from you soon. It has been a really great swap and I am the lucky one because I get to check everything out before everyone gets to see them.

Getting close to the end on this one

Thanks everyone for participating.

C

Hi Dezod, My bugs should be there today. I included 3 micro san juans for Riddleyffo to chase large suckers with, there is a stamp in the bag with them for added postage to get them from you to him. The spool of Midge thread is for the swapmeister for a job well done. I tied both size 24 gang greens and 32 runt BWOs for everyone. I will PM everyone the recipes this weekend. The hooks, tippet and Trico in 18 to 32 sizes are for the lucky contest champion.

Good luck swappers! Cheers, Jeff.

I'll be on the lookout Jeff and thanks for sweetening the pot a little. This has been a really fun swap and contest.

C

Yesterday I got flies from Futzer, today I got flies from SJO and Rich. I heard from both Frank and ecflies... SO here is the updated list. We are 2 swappers away from getting this thing started and finished all at the same time.

1. txflytier- Addy Sent- Received

2. Saltydog- Addy Sent- Received

3. rockworm- Addy Sent- Received

4. utyer- Addy Sent- Received

5. Student4ever-Addy Sent-

6. Rich5665- Received

7. Ridleyffo- Addy Sent- Received

8. sjo- Addy Sent- Received

9. rstout- Addy Sent- Received

10. PK- Addy Sent- Received

11. Futzer- Addy Sent- Received

12. ecflies- Addy Sent-

SM- Dezod

Good luck all it will soon be in the hands of the members of the forum.

C

cant wait to see what everyone has tied.

it is going to be a great contest good luck to all

Chance

I am done but I need an address to send them to.

Rob

I got a package of ties from Frank over the weekend. We are still waiting on one set that should be here in the next couple of days. Once I get all the flies I will take pictures and post the poll in another thread. I figure we will leave it open for voting for 7-10 days and then I will send out everyone's flies.

Good luck everyone.

C

Everyone

I am still one set of flies short. I was hoping that they would be here tuesday or wednesday. I think they are on the way. What I have decided to do is move forward on the contest portion of the swap starting this upcoming weekend with or without the last set of flies. Thanks everyone for your patience. Just wanted to give everyone an update.

C

I did not receive any flies this weekend, so we are going to open up the voting for the contest. I will start a new post and set up a poll, so that is where the voting will happen. Below is picture of my fly, as I certainly will not participate in the contest, futzers flies as he stated early that he was not participating in the contest and a picture of the prize package for the winner. Also included in the prizes, but not pictured are between 2 and 3 dozen dry fly hooks sizes 24-28, a dozen or so flies and a very nice midge size hand made walnut fly box.

post-14558-1254174269_thumb.jpg

Mine, a variant of an "Oh Shoot Midge" in olive #28

post-14558-1254174325_thumb.jpg

Futzer's Runt BWO #32

post-14558-1254174434_thumb.jpg

Futzer's #26 Spinner

post-14558-1254174478_thumb.jpg

The Loot

Hope the pics are high enough quality to see and vote, but it was the best I could do.

Good luck everyone.

C

Thanks for hosting a great swap, Dezod. :headbang:

I hope the second package I sent finally arrived. Sorry I forgot to include them in the first mailing. :wallbash:

Oh, and I posted a picure of the box closed, to give folks an idea of what it looks like.

Thanks for hosting Dezod.

Futzer I don't know how you can tie flies that small on a regular bases. My eyes were screaming for mercy by the time I finished. I'm still trying to figure out how I managed not to break any of the thread or lose/break any hooks for this swap.

Thanks for hosting Dezod.

Futzer I don't know how you can tie flies that small on a regular bases. My eyes were screaming for mercy by the time I finished. I'm still trying to figure out how I managed not to break any of the thread or lose/break any hooks for this swap.

Hi Rich, I have tied small as small can be for a long time, have been tying 41 yrs. but I can't remember exactly when I went small. The first shop I got excited about was Jim Poor's Anglers All in Littleton, Colorado. Jim tied small, even to 22s. :-). We used nylon thread back then and talk about breakage.

So, enjoy it, and as always if you have questions we can figure em out.

Cheers, Futzer.

So I get this package in the mail today, and I'm thinking, "hey, cool, swap flies...." Then I open the package, and inside is a small Altoids tin. I open the tin, and at first I don't see anything. "I'm thinking, "what's going on here?" :ripped:

Then, I get out the magnifying glass and I realize it's a whole bunch of tiny flies. :blink: :yahoo:

Nice flies, folks! Thanks for running the swap Dezod. I can see I've got some competition in the itsy-bitsy category this year. :devil: