Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Welker

Pearl's Revenge?

Rick Takahashi gave me information about a pattern developed by a artist named David Carpenter who lived at Navajo Dam. It is called Pearl's Revenge and uses scarlet Macaw tail fibers wrapped like a biot for the abdomen. Apparently it was/is very effective. Other than the Macaw, it uses fine dubbing for the head. I'm guessing it is a midge pattern; however, I don't know for sure.

Any information about this pattern would be appreciated. A recipie and photo would be great. I've got some great Macaw tails and would love to use them for tying an effective pattern trout pattern.

Thanks.

ive heard about it on another board.

if its for the san juan, i'll bet its a midge pattern.

why not get back to rick and ask him for instructions??

could be tied like this desert storm pattern. just substitute the body material

http://www.ifly4trout.com/flypatterns/imag...ertstorm300.jpg

Jeff, there are several flies that I tie that work VERY well on the Juan. The one posted by flytire is one that would work as well. If you are interested I can tie some of my flies up for you, unless you are tier yourself.... either way, most midge patterns work up there. but the ones that work well are tied to specific specifications.

DG