Fly Tying
AlexC

First Crack at a Panorama

I climbed Giant Mountain in the Adirondacks(4627') with my son on Friday and took some pics from the top. (before you click, I should warn you that I made this pic absolutely freakin' huge- 9000 something by 2000 something pixels :lol:

giantpan.jpg

I had a tripod with me, but thought my hands were steady enough to put a decent panorama together, so I left it in my backpack. After trying to put the pics together, I wish I would have used it, as it was impossible to hide the splices. Still, I thought the view was worth sharing.

Alex I think I need about 3 40" monitors to see the whole pic its so friggin big :hyst:

Looks like a cool place to climb up to and enjoy the view though!

Ditto... and what a heckuva view!!!

Nice image, Alex...

Your hands are never steady enough and a tripod would have helped a bunch... I keep a monopod handy as well as it will help when a tripod is cumbersome.

I'm wondering about your setup... (camera, lens, etc.) One thing you might think about is zooming back (or use 15 mm on your lens) and then crop the image to a panoramic image. You won't get quite the detail, but you would be surpised what you do get...