Fly Tying
agn54

Redfish swap

i have tied 11 so far and i am almost out of my Metz glo-bright chenille . i dont think ill get it again ill try another brand . the glo comes out too much

after looking at the first post we need to tie 13 flies the way you have it posted with you at the bottom . so either add your self to one of the 12 are let everyone know how many to tie . i am almost done so i need to know

Everyone will tie 12 flies. There will be 13 people in the swap (assuming we can get 3 more to join) but there is no point tying one for your self and sending it in.

If all goes well ill go out and use one on tuesday if i have enough mats im getting the waring light on the chenille and i cant get it local . id have to order it or drive to houston to get it at FTU (fishing tackle unlimited) :( long way to drive for one thing . i just made a big online order so i dont know what ill do :(

If all goes well ill go out and use one on tuesday if i have enough mats im getting the waring light on the chenille and i cant get it local . id have to order it or drive to houston to get it at FTU (fishing tackle unlimited) :( long way to drive for one thing . i just made a big online order so i dont know what ill do :(

Do you have any more chenile in a different color? If you need to go ahead and tie up the rest with a different color chenile. It's usually best to tie them all identical but :poop: happens. I don't think anyone would be horribly upset.

:headbang: We are getting there......This is all I need for an excuse to hit some salt water this winter.... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well, here it is...Not sure what to call it, asked for some help in the saltwater section. Will be tying it in the bright color combo shown due to the clear cold water prevalent this time of year, am also considering a chartreuse combo in deference to Lefty Kreh's "if it ain't chartreuse, it ain't no use" wisdom.

Wanted to go for a general shrimp / crab type attractor kind of gizmo.

Cheers.....dave

P1010664.jpg

Welcome Student4evr, thanks for joining. We only need 2 more and we're full, hopefully we can get there.

Well, here it is...Not sure what to call it, asked for some help in the saltwater section. Will be tying it in the bright color combo shown due to the clear cold water prevalent this time of year, am also considering a chartreuse combo in deference to Lefty Kreh's "if it ain't chartreuse, it ain't no use" wisdom.

Wanted to go for a general shrimp / crab type attractor kind of gizmo.

Cheers.....dave

P1010664.jpg

Very cool looking fly. I don't have any odeas for a name but it looks like it will sure catch fish. Is that EZ shape sparkle on the head?

"if it ain't chartreuse, it ain't no use" wisdom.

what does that mean ??

Lefty is one of the great forefathers of saltwater fly fishing. He has developed many of todays most popular and effective salt patterns such as Lefty's Deceiver, and one of his favorite color combos is chartreuse and white...It often takes fish when no other color will :headbang:

In fact I would venture a guess that more fish have been taken on chanteuse and white Deceivers or Clousers than and other salt pattern.

Google Lefty Kreh, Bob Clouser, Flip Pallot and follow the links to other salt water fly fishing greats, it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

dave