Fly Tying
wildman66

LaFontaine Fly Swap

sorry guys, after talking to our swapmeister and explining my situation I am withdrawing for the swap. Orry i just don't have the time. next year I'll be ready to go, just have alot of heavy duty brain stuff to do the next 4 months.

Can someone post some Lafontaine links. Im a bit challenged. <_< I need to find two patterns

I got to get these flies tied, I dont have too many options that Ive found online and Im hitting the salt on sunday. HelP :wallbash:

Can someone post some Lafontaine links. Im a bit challenged. <_< I need to find two patterns

I got to get these flies tied, I dont have too many options that Ive found online and Im hitting the salt on sunday. HelP :wallbash:

Try these: Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Here's a video: Visit My Website

Holler if you need more.

Sorted through some of the options that wildman sent me and I am going to tie

Marabou Spawn Sac

+ either Dancing Caddis or Black Fly nymph.

I realize now that what I tied for the what I think was the Eastern swap and called an "ass up low ridin apple caddis" is actualy lafontaine's dancing caddis with the addition of a shuck. Didnt feel too disappointed as I copied it from T5f anyway wiithout his attenae addition. Certainly is nothing new under the sun.

One question I have is that from my limited research it appears the key to Lafontaine flys is using proper material. I can figure how to mimic those the flys Ive selected, but was hoping someone could send me the materials list so that I can remain true to Lafontaine's recipe.

Sorted through some of the options that wildman sent me and I am going to tie

Marabou Spawn Sac

+ either Dancing Caddis or Black Fly nymph.

I realize now that what I tied for the what I think was the Eastern swap and called an "ass up low ridin apple caddis" is actualy lafontaine's dancing caddis with the addition of a shuck. Didnt feel too disappointed as I copied it from T5f anyway wiithout his attenae addition. Certainly is nothing new under the sun.

One question I have is that from my limited research it appears the key to Lafontaine flys is using proper material. I can figure how to mimic those the flys Ive selected, but was hoping someone could send me the materials list so that I can remain true to Lafontaine's recipe.

Dancing Caddis: Visit My Website

Some other LaFontaine flies: Other Fontaine flies

Ok sorry guys I have had a change of hart and I am changing my two flies. One will be the same as stated befor but I am going to be tying a fly I am sure yall will get a kick out of. I will be tying them up tomorrow and will be sending them off Wen. So I promise it will be worth the wait.

Chance

Need an addy. I left my marabou spawn sacs by an open window and it has been raining for three days. They still look good, but it is amazing what humidiity does to pristine marabou. I liked how these came out and Im sure you will all get great use of the dancing caddis.

Sorry guys, I have been out of town at the beach in Nags Head, NC. I did pack my tying stuff so the Halo Mayfly Emergers are done. Threy were long flights so I was able to re-read "Caddisflies" by Garry and I will be tying an Emerging Sparkle Pupa in about a size 16.

Frank aka Student4evr

By the way how many are still in this??

Sorry guys, I have been out of town at the beach in Nags Head, NC. I did pack my tying stuff so the Halo Mayfly Emergers are done. Threy were long flights so I was able to re-read "Caddisflies" by Garry and I will be tying an Emerging Sparkle Pupa in about a size 16.

Frank aka Student4evr

By the way how many are still in this??

"Standard swap rules apply here. Toe tags, please. For those outside of the US, just add a few more flies and I will pick up the postage. Much easier, I think. Twelve tiers tying two (2) flies each for a total of 24 flies." was the original swap rule. We now have seven tiers. One had to drop out. Looking forward to seeing your flies.

We're getting close to the countdown to finish. Looking forward to getting these flies back out to the tiers for some fall action.

My mailing address is:

Jim Wilkins

PO Box 584

Wrightwood, CA 92397

Guys I have to apologize as I havent gotten mine in the mail yet. They are all tied but I have been going back and forth all week to the hospital for my Dad which is a good hour and 20 from home and 2 hrs from work.

I feel extremely bad being late, but I dont think I will be able to get them in the mail until Saturday. If anyone is truly upset I will spend the $20 on Saturday and send them overnight delivery. Or else they will be to the wildman shortly. Please feel free to post your thoughts

I apologize again but it truly has been unavoidable.

Bob

Guys I have to apologize as I havent gotten mine in the mail yet. They are all tied but I have been going back and forth all week to the hospital for my Dad which is a good hour and 20 from home and 2 hrs from work.

I feel extremely bad being late, but I dont think I will be able to get them in the mail until Saturday. If anyone is truly upset I will spend the $20 on Saturday and send them overnight delivery. Or else they will be to the wildman shortly. Please feel free to post your thoughts

I apologize again but it truly has been unavoidable.

Bob

Bob-Didn't you get the memo? The swap date has been moved to October 10th. You have plenty of time. The swap won't go out till your flies arrive.

Take care of important things first.

Jim

That is great. I hate being late for anything!.

At lunch yesterday I helped (very little in my dress shoes) stock some 300 fish iin a DH section in a stream by my office. (I really was just looking and oogling the fish) Helped to clear the head from a rough work and personal week. I may actually try to steal a few hours after work tonight.

Got any pellet flies. :rolleyes: (Terje would be so disappointed in me)