Fly Tying
marco789

Having fun learning

My name is Marc McInnis. I'm in the Coast Guard, just got stationed in Detroit, MI. This is my second tour in the great state of Michigan, although my first one was in the U.P. (Loved it up there!) Anyway, I've grown a little bit older since then and though I really love spin fishing, I have been wanting to build on my experiences as an angler. So I figured this would be a good time to do it. I have almost completed FF101, casting practices in my back yard, practiced knot tying, so now I think I'm ready to go for some panfish, then maybe in a couple of weekends head out to the stream and try it out. I'm willing to listen to anyone who can give me some tidbits or helpful hints, so please don't hesitate to send them. Thanks for the nice welcome!

Marco

headbang.gif

Marco,

Your in good company around here. A very large percentage of our membership is from Michigan so there is a lot of guys around to help you out. We love questions so if you need any help don't be afraid to ask. There's a learning curve but once you get it down you won't want to fish any other way!

Welcome to the web site Marc.

We have a good mix of beginners, intermediate and experts fly fisherman as members and you will fit in just fine.

Feel free to ask or add anything to any thread you wish.

Welcome aboard

OSD.

Welcome to the forum Marco as you know there are alot of MI boys on here so your in good company if you ever need any local advice. Feel free to ask anything you dont understand or are having trouble with and i'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Also check out the MI Salmon outing we have planned for late september,there will be alot of guys from the site meeting up to make friends and fight some monster chinooks so give that some thought if your interested.

SD

Welcome to the site marc, you picked the right one... alot of good guys here that know there stuff an help where ever they can.. :cheers:cya around

(and you might find one or two who are active duty or former Coasties! cool.gif )

Welcome Aboard! (p.s.- are you rated or officer grade- God forbid we have to square away and salute and all that bs.gif !)

Semper Paratus!

hey marc, looks like you are in chesterfield eh? thats not very far from a lot of the people on the site (myself included). I haven't been out on any local streams lately, but if I find any fish, i'll let ya know. Also, if you have any questions, let us know. Do you steelhead or salmon fish by any chance?

steve