Fly Tying
Horseshoes

My country Landscape

Here a few pictures of the pool on the Margaree River in Cape Breton. N.S. This pool contains some of the worlds' largest salmon. They fly in from all over the world just to look at what they can't catch. The submarine which is about 40 pounds just looks at your fly and slowly moves aside to let it go by. I watched full grown adults almost in tears at not being able to bring the beauties in. I myself had the urge to just dive down to wrestle it home.

Here is a shot of the still part of the river further down stream.

I have photos of the beasts in the pool. I will try and find them and see how well they turned out. I know it sounds unbeleivable but it is true. Why do you think lykos33 groaned so loud when I mentioned I was going up the trail last summer.

Here a few pictures of the pool on the Margaree River in Cape Breton. N.S. This pool contains some of the worlds' largest salmon. They fly in from all over the world just to look at what they can't catch. The submarine which is about 40 pounds just looks at your fly and slowly moves aside to let it go by. I watched full grown adults almost in tears at not being able to bring the beauties in. I myself had the urge to just dive down to wrestle it home.

Here is a shot of the still part of the river further down stream.

I have photos of the beasts in the pool. I will try and find them and see how well they turned out. I know it sounds unbeleivable but it is true. Why do you think lykos33 groaned so loud when I mentioned I was going up the trail last summer.

Still groaning over the fact I didn't get a chance to sling a fly on the Margaree this year, and my father in law lives right on the river

ChuckingFluff Your neck of the woods has its' own beauty. I know I've tramped all over your province. I have memories and photos instilled in my brain and recall the visions anytime I want. Little post cards in my memory.

lykos33 It was the best vacation. We never had the cd or radio on the whole time. The beauty of the Island has only enriched over the years. Don't get me going about the people we met. Had a few pulled on us, like fools when we were hungry and tired we became gullable. But it was so much fun and upon discovery of the ruise we could only sit and laugh.

I hope you have the chance to do some of the trail soon.

I know it has been awhile but there you go.

Sometimes you just have to take a risk and stop the car.

Looking to see if ice is ready.

Another stream worth walking for.