Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dwiltshire

CDC Dun

Terrific fly, Dave. The step-by-step tying instructions are very helpful. Looks like a deadly pattern.

I gotta ask about the one photo, though. How the heck did you take the first picture? Is the fly suspended by the tip of the tail? It almost looks like it is hovering over the surface of the desk. Very cool.

Thanks for the comments :)

I gotta ask about the one photo, though. How the heck did you take the first picture? Is the fly suspended by the tip of the tail? It almost looks like it is hovering over the surface of the desk. Very cool.

Now if I told you Ray, I'd have to kill you... :devil:

The CDC is suprisingly stiff and with a little tweaking the fly behaved by standing on its three tails and the extremity of the wing. Photographed on a glass sheet, the effect is to give a good idea of the footprint - the shadow can be quite helpful to give us a clue.

Despite what this picture suggests, and as indicated on the time it took me to get it to sit up-side down, one of the great things about his pattern is it lands the right way up every time... and it does so with such grace :P

Great fly and step by step Dave, that'll catch a ton of fish :D Thanks for sharing.

I've been tying a very similar fly that's been a real fishmagnet this season. It's not one of my own creations, based on one of Muz Wilsons ties (A well known Aussie flytyer)

I might post it tonight if I get a chance they're the quickest fly I've ever tied.