Fly Tying

Sometimes you can still find a deal out there if you look in the right places. Can anybody else help giving stores or places to find GOLDEN deals. Found these today at a Hobby Lobby store in my area. This bag of black goose biots was 7 grams and a $1.99 . I counted 45 8inch biots. I will be tying a lot of nymphs with these babys. Can anybody add to this? Thanks...Joes my Hero

post-21620-1261017996_thumb.jpg

post-21620-1261018053_thumb.jpg

Cheers to wellman the only one in 72 views that had something to add

Now I feel compelled to say something. 16 spools of thread sent for free when I ordered 30 spools.

Did they have other colors or just black?

Try this place Plumes n Feathers http://www.plumesnfeathers.com

Fatman

Cheers to wellman the only one in 72 views that had something to add

Now I feel compelled to say something. 16 spools of thread sent for free when I ordered 30 spools.

Did they have other colors or just black?

Hobby Lobby is a great place to shop for materials. In the bead isle, beads for small flies, glass beads, and large egglike beads for Alaska flies. Wire in several gauges, copper, gold, silver, and black. Vinyl ribbing for bodies similar to Larva Lace or Ultra Rib. Bead chains for making Bead Eyes. In the feather and fur isle, multicolor feathers for large spey flies, guinea feathers, peacock, pheasant, goose biots, marabou, and others. Rabbit furs in various colors, I was able to find a few ginger furs that make great carcass patterns for a fraction of the cut strips in packages. In the foam craft section, foam sheets of various sizes and colors for tying and sticky back for boxes and other uses, larger blocks for poppers. In the tools, Xacto knives and blades, cutting boards that are self healing. Magnets and magnet sheets for boxes and benches. In the organizers section, a multitude of boxes and containers for storage. In the paints isle, good selection of paint and paint markers for painting flies and duck decoys. Christmas isle is a great source for large quantities of mylar and tinsel for streamers. Sewing section has scissors, tools, threads, and gold metallic threads. Look in the adhesive section for great glues, and gluesticks. Framing section for shadow boxes to mount your best works of art.

Use your imagination and be creative, the best part of being a fly tying addict.