Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
john adams

M&M Streamer

Awesome streamer! I really like this one! :headbang:

Although Muddlers are great flies, I just hate those darn turkey wings. Even when i get them tied in correctly, after a few fish they're shredded anyway.

So, I tie variations instead. Hair wings, (usually squirrel tail, coyote or fox fur) mallard flank wings, or marabou wings.

I'll have to give this one a try!

Awesome streamer! I really like this one! :headbang:

Although Muddlers are great flies, I just hate those darn turkey wings. Even when i get them tied in correctly, after a few fish they're shredded anyway.

So, I tie variations instead. Hair wings, (usually squirrel tail, coyote or fox fur) mallard flank wings, or marabou wings.

I'll have to give this one a try!

So that it is more long-lasting is giving under wings of feather or other materials which you listed. I always ballast the torso with lead tape. It's old attractive model for fish and it is worthwhile having in the box a few.

A grate muddlerhead! Absolutely fantastic!

I think that tail is a little too thick. And the wing is a little too long...

A tip: dont use tip of the feather, use only the "fibres" of the tippet.

A grate muddlerhead! Absolutely fantastic!

I think that tail is a little too thick. And the wing is a little too long...

A tip: dont use tip of the feather, use only the "fibres" of the tippet.

The wing must be appropriately long so that it holds proportion with the head and hid under wings. To the tail it is possible to use 5 - 10 rays tippet. He can so that she is more subtle: -)

John, I add weight to most of the Muddlers I tie also. Many years ago, I used standard unweighted Muddlers as hopper patterns. This was before we had all the variety of materials we have today. I now use foam hoppers instead.

I like the way the wing materials look, and move, and agree they are more durable. I don't think I even have any turkey wings in my tying materials any longer.

I was just browsing through your website! You certainly have a lot of very good looking flies & I like the jigs as well! Very beautiful streams! :headbang:

Terrific pattern, John! It has a very classic look to it, like a cross between a MOM (Mary Orvis Marbury) pattern and a Muddler Minnow. You may want to tye a few more and then frame this one. Beautiful creation.

Terrific pattern, John! It has a very classic look to it, like a cross between a MOM (Mary Orvis Marbury) pattern and a Muddler Minnow. You may want to tye a few more and then frame this one. Beautiful creation.

Thanks Ray. Certainly he is how you are writing - something between.I am valuing your opinion.

Best