Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
engraved

Foam frog

Hello guys this is my first semi succsefull frog pattern that ive come up with its not the best but im kinda happy with it i hope it works this spring.

post-21298-1263247348_thumb.jpg

post-21298-1263247371_thumb.jpg

I like that first fly quite a bit. Your Vise is that a cobra? Mine sits on the shelve all the time, I've had 2 pair of jaws explode sending shards of brittle metal at my face. I'm actually afraid of the vise.

add it to the database...don't be stingy! :hyst: that way we can tell what exactly to use to copy it... :devil2:

I like that first fly quite a bit. Your Vise is that a cobra? Mine sits on the shelve all the time, I've had 2 pair of jaws explode sending shards of brittle metal at my face. I'm actually afraid of the vise.

Thanks for the fly comment i realy appreaciate it. N yea ive read about that a couple a times ive hade the vise for about a year no now issue but i realy dont like it. They way the jaws poiint up an the actualy clamping part of the vise seems to get in the way if im tying big flys for salt water. So ive been looking into another one.

add it to the database...don't be stingy! :hyst: that way we can tell what exactly to use to copy it... :devil2:

Hey bud its preety simple i used small ez pear body for the legs shoved 2 pieces of chartruse rabbit fur at the end of them tied n glued it odd then tied it on to the hook in a cross patternt like clouser eyes. Once i got to the point were i like were they stodd did some wrapps in fron of it cut another small pice of foam for the middle then the frog body shape by free hand tied it down put some sharpie marks on it crazy glued the eyes n soft tec the hell outa it i hope it works

I notice something particularly different that you did that I have not seen on a frog fly before. You do a great job of simulating that translucent irredescence of the frog skin on the legs. I wonder if that might not be a great strike trigger. It draws attention, and makes the legs stand out and look more biological than most I've seen. I'd like to hear how this fishes for you!

I notice something particularly different that you did that I have not seen on a frog fly before. You do a great job of simulating that translucent irredescence of the frog skin on the legs. I wonder if that might not be a great strike trigger. It draws attention, and makes the legs stand out and look more biological than most I've seen. I'd like to hear how this fishes for you!

Thanx alot bud n yea well see im almost kinda nervous thats its too big length wise well see thought i hope it works lol. But dont we all hope our flys work

Both look like very nice patterns with all the triggers. I really like them. Although, I don't know if has enough foam to be considered a Foam Frog. :D