Fly Tying
cornmuse

Murdich Minnow

This is really cool! They're fun to tie, but are also expensive to tie. A good alternative to this would be a bucktail tail with streamer hair, an estaz grande body, with a colored back done by a Prismacolor marker.

When one is tying to his heart's desire, cost is often a secondary concern, young Blake. Nice tie. That screams , "Eat Me!!"

When one is tying to his heart's desire, cost is often a secondary concern, young Blake. Nice tie. That screams , "Eat Me!!"

And how very right you are! To be honest, I was going on word of mouth. The real Murdich Minnow, as it was told to me was expensive to tie, so I wouldn't know otherwise. But I know ignorance is no exception... my apologies.

And how very right you are! To be honest, I was going on word of mouth. The real Murdich Minnow, as it was told to me was expensive to tie, so I wouldn't know otherwise. But I know ignorance is no exception... my apologies.

They are quite expensive all you need is hooks, flashabou, bucktail, some eyes, estaz, and ice fur...

I think the expensive was alright, because it catches me small mouths, large mouths, stripers, blues, pike, a lot of different fish and all that ties up about 25 or so. so to me it was well worth the expense.

Well it's an awesome looking pattern, regardless of cost. Besides, lots of us probably own most of that stuff already.