Fly Tying

All right gentlemen, this is a Carp Swap, tie any 12 flies you would use for carp. Catching a first carp is my #1 fishing goal of the year, so I want to see what you guys are using :D Below are the swap specifics.

Carp Swap Specifics:

*Swap is open to the first 12 to respond with an 'I'm in' or similar declaration

*Tie any twelve (12) flies you would use for carp

*Due Date is April 7th, all flies MUST be in the mail by that time.

*Toe tags and self-addressed stamped envelopes (SASE) are a must

All other general swap rules apply.

Swap is now Full

(*)smallieFanatic [Tying: P & L Damsel]........DONE

(1) Jeremy Parker [Tying: Kaufmans Peacock Stimulator]..........RECEIVED

(2) David Legg [Tying: Weighted Clouser Type Fly]...........Address Sent

(3) Firetiger [Tying: Godzilla Bloodworm]........RECEIVED

(4) Student4evr [Tying: Carp Carrot]...........RECEIVED

(5) Easternfly [Tying: Latex Pupa].....RECEIVED

(6) Ridleyffo [Tying: Mulberry fly].......RECEIVED

(7) SullyTM [Tying: Pacheco Slough Special].......RECEIVED

(8) midnightmoonlight [Tying: Egan Headstand V. ]......RECEIVED

(9) BrianMeyers [Tying: Carp Carrot]........RECEIVED

(10) FishYboy [Tying: Pheasant Tail Flash Nymph].........RECEIVED

(11) gkobes [Tying: Dog food fly]........RECEIVED

(12) iaflyfisher [Tying: CDC Carp Puff]..........RECEIVED

Jan, is international OK with you? If so, Im in. I'll call my pattern the Godzilla Bloodworm ;-)

Jindra

Jan, is international OK with you? If so, Im in. I'll call my pattern the Godzilla Bloodworm ;-)

Jindra

That sounds too cool! I hope that works out for everyone! I'd be willing to be the link to send overseas. Just don't stick any restricted materials on the flies. I don't want a visit from the Men in Black. <_<

Hehe, out of the curiosity that comes naturally to a person with progressing case of fly tying addiction I have used several mats over the time that might raise a custom inspector's eybrow (feathers of predatory and migratory birds, Lemur and Tiger fur). In this case I however promise that my Godzilla Bloodworm pattern consists of nothing more than a large hook, thread, some tinsel, a little marabou and a touch of genius. Nothing more, I promise, I promise! :lol2:

Cheers! - and thanks for the helping hand!

Jindra

I know at some point in this year I will tackle the "Palouse Bonefish". :headbang: :headbang: I'm In!

Frank aka Student4evr

Hehe, out of the curiosity that comes naturally to a person with progressing case of fly tying addiction I have used several mats over the time that might raise a custom inspector's eybrow (feathers of predatory and migratory birds, Lemur and Tiger fur). In this case I however promise that my Godzilla Bloodworm pattern consists of nothing more than a large hook, thread, some tinsel, a little marabou and a touch of genius. Nothing more, I promise, I promise! :lol2:

Jindra

Very nice! But I am more worried about what I will end up sending overseas to you.

You know, it occurs to me that the ideal job for a fly tyer would be exhibit maintenence at a natural history museum. They seem to have a lot of old shaggy looking taxidermy stuff that could use a judicious trim here or there to retain it's beautiful display appearance. B)

BTW... is it okay to export genius? You'd better not mention it in the manifest, just in case. ;)

David <><

I would like to join in this . I haven`t done a swap before if thats ok. Could tie up some carp carrots or some else.

Brian

Jindra

Very nice! But I am more worried about what I will end up sending overseas to you.

You know, it occurs to me that the ideal job for a fly tyer would be exhibit maintenence at a natural history museum. They seem to have a lot of old shaggy looking taxidermy stuff that could use a judicious trim here or there to retain it's beautiful display appearance. B)

BTW... is it okay to export genius? You'd better not mention it in the manifest, just in case. ;)

David <><

David I know you jest but there was a story a few months back about some birds on display in a Natural History museum in London. some rare birds from Darwin's adventures to galapogos(sp?) were stolen. Guess who they suspected of the crime????????? fly tyer feather merchants.

I would like to join in this . I haven`t done a swap before if thats ok. Could tie up some carp carrots or some else.

Brian

Great Brian glad to have you.