Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eugward

fly lipps

has anyone here used the fly lipps, and do they have any patterns to share that uses the fly lipps. :headbang:

I use Flylipps on a few patterns. The best pattern I've tried them on is the Dancin Diver. It uses a Flylipp and a reversed foam popper head. Google Flylipps and you will find a few patterns that uses them. Go to the Flylipps website and there are several patterns there as well.

post-13107-1268927872_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for the info. I have tried one pattern with a deer hair slider with zonker and tail hackle have to put up a picture soon. :headbang:

I use Flylipps on a few patterns. The best pattern I've tried them on is the Dancin Diver. It uses a Flylipp and a reversed foam popper head. Google Flylipps and you will find a few patterns that uses them. Go to the Flylipps website and there are several patterns there as well.

what material is the body made of on that fly and how does it stay formed aaround the popper head?

what material is the body made of on that fly and how does it stay formed aaround the popper head?

there's a step by step for that fly on the webpage. Just look up dancin diver to find it.

have tied shrimp, clousers and deceivers...all with the lip positioned to bring the fly up to the surface in a darting motion. They have a great action, I'mm betting they will be a fish catcher (they already caught me :P )

Have had the chance to test them in the lake, will be fishing in the bay tomorrow.

P1020047.jpg

P1020100.jpg