Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mrjim

Northern Pike streamer swap

Got back from Canada (150 miles North of International Falls) a couple weeks ago. We were fishing for walleye most of the time but I still caught over 40 Northern Pike on streamers - mostly bunnies. Anyone interested in a pike streamer swap jump in.

Each fly must be at least 4" long

Sign up will go from now till 8 people besides me sign up or Nov 1 which ever comes first.

Flies are due to me by Dec 1.

Big surprise here....I'M IN!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

This will be new territory me, so a little help with hooks etc. would be helpful. Where were you fishing if I may ask?

Art

We were at Lundy's boat in camp. It was nice for the money. We ate walleye every day and released fish too (20 walleye a day each average). They weren't real big (most under 19") but my brother got a 26" walleye. Another guy got a 41" Northern and I got a 37" northern (not on a fly) so we had a nice trip.

Hey - great response....5 to go.

The flies I used on the bunnies were size 2 to 2/0. I tied some deer hair poppers on a 1/0 hook with a Dahlberg diver shaped head and treated the deer hair but I wonder if they stayed together and floated afer more than 1 pike.

I'm in! Nothing better to do in the fall than tying flies for summer!! Any other "rules" other than the flies be 4 inches? Top water a go?

Jay

4 inches or longer - they can be floaters or weighted.

We have 3 open spots left. The cut it off is at 8 people + me because these bigger flies take quite a bit of materials - a couple people added at the last moment and we would have to hunt up a fly shop to get more materials. The closest one to me is an hour away and they may not have what I would need. This way we can plan for exactly how many flies we need to make.

Guys, I'd join in on this one but everything I'm tying right now is either going to the shop or being tied onto the end of my tippet.

If another pike swap comes up in the winter, I'd do it.

Name your fly now or later on the toetag Dble Haul - glad to have you aboard.

The deadline for the flies is Dec 1, Fishigan..... we have 2 spots left.

QUOTE (mrjim @ Sep 28 2004, 12:20 PM)
Name your fly now or later on the toetag Dble Haul - glad to have you aboard.

Uh, I think you're misunderstanding me. I said that I'm unable to do it now, but if another one comes along during the dead of winter I'll try to join that one.