Fly Tying
SpeiserStudio

My Little Carpet Shrimp LOL

Does the sculpey dry hard or is it still slightly pliable? Looks like some neat stuff.

how does it hold up to water? Looks like a very versatile material.

It is waterproof...it's like a flexible polymer plastic...well, I guess that's WHAT it is! It is used for sculpting, for thinning out polymer clay and when you bake it, it becomes clearer at a higher temp, not to exceed 300 f. I make wings out of it for other projects, and I am making some for flies to test it out. Regular polymer clay stays soft until you bake it and then becomes rock hard, this is flexible. It is called Translucent Liquid Sculpey or TLS. You can color it with pigment or oil paint, you can transfer an image to the underside surface of it, and after you bake it, as soon as you take it out, peel off the TLS and the image will be on it....yes, there are so many things! I love it LOL

I am a sculptor and Artist..I do all kinds of things with all kinds of medium and I love to experiment. If you want to know more about it I would be happy to help :)

I am a sculptor and Artist..I do all kinds of things with all kinds of medium and I love to experiment. If you want to know more about it I would be happy to help :)

Hi Speiser

Checked out the link to your studio, Love the paintings and ESPECIALLY the sculpture. I'm a wood carver and did this horse for an anniversary gift to my wife.

BTW I like your carpet shrimp. way to go using what you have on hand.

---tony

post-23606-1273675758_thumb.jpg

It is waterproof...it's like a flexible polymer plastic...well, I guess that's WHAT it is! It is used for sculpting, for thinning out polymer clay and when you bake it, it becomes clearer at a higher temp, not to exceed 300 f. I make wings out of it for other projects, and I am making some for flies to test it out. Regular polymer clay stays soft until you bake it and then becomes rock hard, this is flexible. It is called Translucent Liquid Sculpey or TLS. You can color it with pigment or oil paint, you can transfer an image to the underside surface of it, and after you bake it, as soon as you take it out, peel off the TLS and the image will be on it....yes, there are so many things! I love it LOL

Just thought it sounded like a neat material to play with. It may work for some items I haven't found a material that I like yet.