Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mrjim

Fishing Taneycomo Oct 24-30

I am vacationing at Branson the last week of October. Is there anyone who will be there fishing that week? If so let me know and we can get together and share ideas and techniques. I will be wade fishing the trophy area below the dam.

mrjim,

Have you fished there before? I fished there 2 years ago at the end of August. If you're interested, I can tell you what worked well for me.

mrjim,

I am a Missouri angler and fish Taneycomo fairly regular. I would love to meet up with you that weekend however, the 24 is my Bday and have tickets for the Mizzou vs Oklahoma state game. If there is anything you need to know about Taney or the White river just PM me and I will be glad to answer your questions.

Tube blink.gif

Vito - I have taken about 20 trips to Taney to fish the trophy area. Half of them were for a full week; the others a long weekend. Arkansas (Norfork river is exceptional) several times for trout too.

Uncletube - I will be traveling Oct 23 and returning to central Ill. Oct 31. We are staying within a mile of the trophy area and I will be fishing most of the daylight time and tying flies in the evenings. We sometimes stop and fish Bennett Springs on the way down but fishing there usually is much better in the morning. I generaly fish scuds, sowbugs, RS2s, WD40s, zebra midges, SJ worms of every color, and Egg patterns 90% of the time. I fish pheasant tails, midge pupa and woolie buggers some and fish at night a little (my wife doesn't like me to wade at night alone and it's not safe so I don't go any deeper than my knees).

I need to get some experience on midge emergers and drys and soft hackles.

Have a happy birthday - if you get free let me know.

mrjim '

Sounds like you know what works in this part of the world. Bennett is one of my very favorite parks to fish or at least when the crowds thin out in the fall. I have posted a couple of soft hackle patterns that work well down there, both are fairly small ( 14 to size 22) just click on "My flies'' and have a look

Good luck and if I can get away I will give you a shout