Fly Tying
Alpinefly

Sno-Fly VIII Midge Swap

The Annual Sno-Fly Midge Swap is now underway. We have 5 spots left to fill (First come basis). Information is posted on smallstreams.com, or you can PM me if interested. 14 midges to be tied with a due date of December 6th. Two of the boxes will be donated (one to Casting For Recovery & One to Project Healing Waters). Midges can be any size as long as they represent the Diptera/Chironomid species in the Larva, Pupa, Emerger, or Adult stage.

If you sign up, you are committed to this swap (no chuffing allowed). This annual swap has become known world-wide as the Show-case for cutting edge midge design. That means you will come away with a fantastic box of midge patterns !!!!! :headbang:

John Larson (Alpinefly)

Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard !!!! Saw yer post over at smallstreams too !!!! We have a lot of great veteran Sno-Fly Tyers this year, so you will get an awesome box of midges !!!!!! There are 3 spots left on the list !!!! Again, all info is over on smallstreams.com !!!!!

I'm in again. Had fun with this one last year. I think I'll tie an emerger of some kind.

-Mike

Got it Salmonid !!! The last three spots have been filled (Salmonid, avril, & troutguy).

Info is over on smallstreams.com Let me know if you have trouble getting onto the Forum !!!

14 midges Due December 6th !!!!

THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, all info is over on smallstreams.com !!!!!

WHERE? i evev registered and coudnt find anything regarding this swap

The smallstreams site has some membership requirements that involve introducing yourself and posting minimums before you can access the entire site. I am guilty of not posting frequently and so am periodically locked out of full access. I believe if you read through the rules you will find some of these guidelines.

Perhaps Alpinefly could pass the information regarding this swap along to those of us who signed up for this swap on the flytyer's forum site?

Once you get full access to the Forums on smallstreams.com you click on Our Community (or Forums). You scroll down to Feathercraft, click on that, and scroll Down To Sno-Fly VIII midge swap. It will have all the info about the swap (which is now filled). I was able to talk to Gus Strand over there and got Salmonid on for full access. If anyone else is having trouble, let me know. When the new smallstreams came back up and with new ownership, we asll as veterans had to re-register and get approved. You will find that the new site, and everything runs much better (Thanks to the efforts of Gus Strand & Adam Trahan), and yopu will find the same group of very helpful & friendly Fly Tyers & Fly Fishermen (& Women) !!!!

Cheers & Tight Lines !!!

John (Alpinefly)

Just a kind reminder for those on the Sno-Fly VIII list that if you have not yet sent in you midges, the Deadline is December 6th.

Some great midge patterns have arrived so far.

Cheers & Tight Lines !!!!

John Larson (Alpinefly)

Sno-Fly VIII deadline is today (December 6th) !!! I have heard from everybody, and know that what I have not yet received is on the way in the mail (two from over the Big Pond). Great Midges came today from Salmonid & troutguy. Everything looks great as always. You will see more info on Sno-Fly VIII on smallstreams.com

We have received all but Roy Christie's package of midges (which was mailed 10 days ago). Once his package arrives, I can get everything back out to all of you !!! Then it will be time to head for some quality Midge Fishing !!!!!!! :yahoo:

Roy's first set of Midges were lost in the mail. He has tied a second set & sent them in the mail (hopefully they will arrive soon & are well worth the wait. I can easily say that Sno-Fly just would not be Sno-Fly without Roy's great tying). as soon as his package has arrived, I will get the sno-Fly packages out to everyone. Thanks for your patience !!!!!!! :headbang:

For a update on this Sno-Fly VIII Midge Swap. Roy Christie has requested a delay in sending out the midges at least 1 more week.

He had tied the first set and sent those out in the mail 15 plus days before Christmas. They never arrived. He tied a second set of Midges, and sent those out in the mail December 29th. The second set never arrived. Now most people by now would say ohhhh fark this all. :ripped: Roy is great enough to tie a third very beautiful set of Midges (you can see the pics on smallstreams.com), and just sent those out (this time registered mail). I can promise you, I am threatening Lizzy's Royal Mail & the U.S. Postal service (they better arrive this time ) !!!! :devil: What was the Postal Service's response to two lost packages in a row ??? They said that they are not responsible for lost mail and packages !!! You have got to be kidding me !!!!!!! :wallbash: I can promise all of you that this is well worth the wait (yes, Roy's tying is that good) !!! This is the first time in all the swaps I have hosted and participated in that there has been a problem with the Postal service. Kudos to Roy Christie for all his hard work and I thank all of you for your patience !!!! :headbang:

Roy's first set of Midges were lost in the mail. He has tied a second set & sent them in the mail (hopefully they will arrive soon & are well worth the wait. I can easily say that Sno-Fly just would not be Sno-Fly without Roy's great tying). as soon as his package has arrived, I will get the sno-Fly packages out to everyone. Thanks for your patience !!!!!!! :headbang:

Still waiting for set #3 of Roy Christie's midges to arrive in the mail. Once that happens, I will get the Sno-Fly packages sent out.

I thank you for your patience and you can be sure that this is well worth it (especially getting at least 2 sets of Roy's reversed Parachutes in a size 28). Certainly the Postal service (& the weather) has not been cooperative !!!!!!!

Roy's set #3 finally arrived in the mail !!! I will sort all the midges out, and prepare the Sno-Fly Boxes to be sent back out in the mail tomorrow. With the rate of the Postal service on this swap, this will be one sweet box of Trout Candy !!!!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!! :headbang: