Fly Tying

Prize - BT's Fly Fishing Products!!!!

I am once again very excited to announce that we have another prize for the 2004 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest. BT's Fly Fishing Products located in Boise, Idaho has given a "Rotary Tying Station" which will be awarded to the Rookie of the Year. This tying station has a $150 retail value and comes with the following items:

• A DanVise (the affordable true rotary vise with GREAT!! hook holding ability)
  • Oasis oak pedestal/tool stand
  • Seven Brass Handle Tools - Whip finisher, half hitch threader, bodkin, scissors, hair stacker, bobbin, and rotating hackle plier.

You may or may not know but BT's Fly Fishing Products in owned by our very own member Al Beatty. I know that we have all enjoyed his posts here on the forum and I can't say how much I appreciate this fine contribution that he has made for the contest.

I have actually been looking into getting a DanVise but haven't been able to find one locally to get a closer inspection. I have heard alot of great things about these vises and I must admit that they are very nice and quite affordable compared to other true rotary vises. I'm tempted to take this vise for a test spin just to make sure it works of course devil.gif

I choose to give this prize to the Rookie of the Year because it comes with all the tools that you will ever need to really get started. I am sure the member who wins this will get years and years of enjoyment out of it.

Take a moment and check out BT's Fly Fishing Products: http://www.btsflyfishing.com

Here is a pic of what this prize includes

post-2-1098367089.jpg

that is truly a great prize for a rookie tier.

I should be so lucky to have won one in my rookie year.

way to go al and gretchen.

mgj

My thanks to Will and the group for your kind words. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

how do u sign up for the rookie fly tying contest? im a rookie and i just joined this site...im fifteen and fish for steelhead so could someone point me in the right direction?