Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFishin'Jam

Sparkle Minnows

So just experimenting with colours and flash, i haven't tied these quite so sparkly before. Haven't taken to them with markers yet or tidied them off, just grabbed them off the vice and threw them in a bowl of water and took to them with the underwater macro.

But i will stop spamming the minnows, i just needed to fill a box :P Time for me to move on!

Interestingly as i just dropped them in the water they maintain their shape and do not puff up much, i rekon when you strip them back they will look half like when they are dry and half like when you just take a photo of them 'wet'.

1. Sparkle Whitebait (seriously considered a silver lateral line here and some red in the gills) I think this could be good with bass!

2. Sparkle Blue Lake Minnow (startled colours)

3. Silvery Deep Minnow

Dry

post-29540-1290497146_thumb.jpg

Underwater #1

post-29540-1290497184_thumb.jpg

Underwater #2

post-29540-1290497213_thumb.jpg

I think they really come to life underwater, the translucency really stands out and shows the gills

Great Fly! but he name is taken. Greg Coffee from Illinois has a fly with that name that Montana Fly is currently making and selling world wide.

Great Fly! but he name is taken. Greg Coffee from Illinois has a fly with that name that Montana Fly is currently making and selling world wide.

Uh Oh, i better quickly come up with something else before he comes knocking on my door with the fly tying name stealing baseball bat!

hmmz 'sparkle streamside roosters'

yes :)

actually they are just modified EP flies, might take to the whitebait with the red marker and do up another with a silver lateral line - they are supposed to be these little critters.

post-29540-1290541640_thumb.jpg

Yeah, if i was going to make it a submission to the database i would be more wary of names, but alas i am just drinking wine and tying flies so cheers!

:rolleyes:

Yes I think the fly would work great for speces in salt and fresh water. :thumbsup: Great job.