Fly Tying
Kingfisher

Feather Wing Streamer Swap

hi kingfisher,many thanks for the info,i'm going to the british fly fair this weekend for 2 days,so will pick the info up on mon

regards welshtyer

Okay, so to update everyone, the sign-up is closed and there a total of 6 participants. That being the case, you will need to submit 5 flies, due to me on the 3rd of December.

Kingfisher,

Flies are done and will go out in the mail tomorrow. I ended up tying a pink lady variant....

PS: I received the book...lot's of interesting saltwater patterns.

Take care...Tom

Kingfisher,

My flies are done. need your address so I can mail them. They probably won't be there till like monday, depends on the mail .

Tube

I'm actually still waiting for a set of flies to arrive from welshtyer; I imagine they're just taking longer than expected in the post.

Kingfisher,

Please forgive my impatients, I just hadn't seen any post and was wondering, I am sure that it will be well worth the wait . By the way do I owe you Postage?

Happy Holidaze,

Tube blink.gif

Hello all,

First, please allow me to apologize for not visiting and addressing these issues earlier; my professional and personal schedules have been so busy the past two months that I haven’t checked any messages coming from the forum nor have I had the time to visit it. I wasn’t aware that any issues with packages not arriving existed; all flies and books were sent out end of November/beginning of December, as they were supposed to. I received an e-mail from DFix Friday asking me what had happened, and I was surprised to discover (yet again) that our local post office appears to have misplaced multiple packages. We are still, in fact, going through the motions of locating a lost package from October that was worth quite a lot of money. I don’t know what else to say except that I’m sorry for this terrible inconvenience. I am going to the post office today to speak with the supervisor regarding this matter.

In the meantime, I have not deposited any payments from the books, since I haven’t had the time to even stop by the bank. I will return all payments to the people that were interested in books; if the books somehow show up, please be good enough to let me know and we can either arrange payment then or you can return it (them), it’s up to you.

Flies from swaps, I can’t replace. The only thing I can do is offer to replace postage; I am sorry about this. If anyone would care to contact me and suggest a better alternative, then by all means please do so.

Again, my deepest apologies for this mess; I have learned that our local postal service cannot be trusted with any packages whatsoever, and I will try to get to the bottom of this.

Chris

Kingfisher,

I have worked for the postal service in the past and they frown seriously on mail being mishandled . You may have to contact the Postal Inspector for your area if going to the local office doesn't produce results. I know that you will get a response from the Inspector and the responsible party will be in a world of crap.

This is not only frustrating for the swappers ,but ,refelects badly on you as well.

I am sure that you are a stand up guy and don't want to see your rep hurt by some airhead at the local post office. You could post some pix in the meantime, I think that would help aleveate some of the frustration on our ( the swappers) part.

Tube blink.gif

hi kingfisher ,i was wondering why i hadnt heard any thing after sending the flies off,obviously the problems you are having are not your fault,we some times get the same problems wih the post over here also, dont worry about the postage as i wont go bankrupt over it ,the real shame are the flies but looks like we have to put it down to experience.

best regards welshtyer