Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Salmon_Falls_Fly_Tier

Hello

Hello everyone, Salmonfly.net is one of my favourite haunts and I came across the FlyTyingForum link and I ended up here. Looks like alot of good information is available to look through.

I live in Rollinsford, New Hampshire and I have been fly fishing for about four years now after my father-in-law introduced it to me and I haven't picked up a spinning rod since (no offense meant to those who still use one). I have been tying for three years now. I have mostly stuck to "traditional" (in quotes as I know everyone has a different definition of what is traditional in fly tying) patterns, the Catskills, scottish soft hackles and the like.

I have moved into tying Salmon flies and recently went fly fishing for cohos and chinooks in Pulaski, NY. I keep trying to find new uses for all of those "other" feathers on the bird skins that I prepare all winter long. If anyone has any suggestions on their uses and different ways of preserving let me know, or if you have any questions ask...after all, its about sharing info.

Aaron Tester-Hall

Welcome aboard you'll enjoy this site we have a great bunch of members that are always willing to help or share anything with anyone. And the "salmon&steelhead fly" section of the forum is somwhat new but has taken off in a big way the last couple of months so i'm sure you will enjoy that section of the site.

Have fun and enjoy!

SD

Thanks everyone...just beginning to really dig into all of the great info here. First on my list though is the cane rod stuff....I have my steel planing form that I still have to finish up. Tapped almost all of my threads, its going to be a long winter in front of the bench and in the garage.

If you have plans or a print for the planing form I would be very happy to get a copy from you ohmy.gif

OSD.

SFFT- Welcome Aboard.

Very Bad, Bad, Bad, the way you led in with your "...other feathers...prepared...winter" wink.gif - we have "feather vultures" on this site who're eager and willing to relieve you of some of your burdensome feather supply! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Signed, A Willing Feather Vulture in Massachusetts ph34r.gif