Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingtaz

last will and testament

I remember years back, I purchased a Master Renzetti and had the proprietor attach a $114.00 (real price$595) price tag on the box. When I brought it home and my wife saw the 114 she pretty much freaked out and said for that kind of money it should tie itself!(if she only knew)

In all seriousness, I buy what I want,when I want, and thats all there is to it! :crutch:

In the interest of fiscal sanity and marital harmony, my wife and I agreed to a monthly budget. We each get some money to spend on our hobbies. It's not enough (is it ever?), but with 2 kids in private school, at least there's still some play money at the end of the month.

And I have never exceeded my budget.... :innocent: :D

I guess I'm lucky, my wife never complains about what I spend on fly tying. In fact she contributes to it. Last year she gave me a vise for my birthday.Just a couple of weeks ago there was a patch of Elk hair and a "Tie-A-Fly" Kit for an Elk Hair Caddis on my desk. I figure if she knows I'm at the desk tying, then she doesn't have wonder where I'm at at night.

I gotta agree with others maddog.... it's not their inheritance, it's your money. I don't expect anything from my parents, least of all my grandparents. I would only hope they buy whatever they want at this point in their lives and be happy and not worry about what we think of it. They earned it so why should we care how they spend it. They provided the means to a good education etc... that's what matters.

Guys .. the post was meant as a joke. If anyone ever had a chance to look at the fly shop I call my apartment they'd see that. Besides .. at 6, 7 and 11 they can't wait to get started in fly fishing and tying.

Mike