Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishing99

Richardson chest pack

I just found a brand new original Richardson chest fly box. It has his name and location engraved on the top rim

Anyone know the value?? Have any interest?

Thanks,

Byron

I just found a brand new original Richardson chest fly box. It has his name and location engraved on the top rim

Thanks,

Byron

Hi Byron

Could you give more details? How many trays , finish , what kind of trays? Does it still have the harness with it?

Stuff like that..

Thanks,

Byron

I have a few richardson chest boxes. They all have name and location engraved on them, because they where hand made one at a time. It all depends on how many compartments and accessories the box has, The older plain three teir aluminum boxes with the ugly green foam are worth about forty to fifty bucks. You can find them quite often on ebay.

Hope this helps

built by Richardson before his demise???

I have a feeling that those built by him after his demise would probably be worth more. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I have a feeling that those built by him after his demise would probably be worth more. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Don't think he built anyafter his demise.......

Does it matter that it is about 30 years old, though brand new. Black in color. 5 drawers, and built by Richardson before his demise???

No not really. His oldest boxes where pure silver aluminum, thicker than the stuff they use now and he used an ugly open cell lime green foam in them that turns yellowish with age. If your box is black, it's not that old. After the old heavy silver boxes, they started offering them in green, black, paint, silver with wood grain mac-tac, and of course the Joe Humphries Signature. The old Original Joe Humphries still bring a fair price. My new boxes are all texture powder coated. I see the use of chest boxes slowly fading out. More and more people going to soft chest packs like fishpond. I still love and use my boxes all the time.

Oh bummer, I would love a ghost built flybox.

Honestly, I have no idea what they are worth, I just thought that line of your post was humorous.

Honestly, I have no idea what they are worth, I just thought that line of your post was humorous.

I understand they are now being made by someone else. The one I have was made by Richardson before he quit the business which I believe/thought would make it more collectible.

I understand they are now being made by someone else. The one I have was made by Richardson before he quit the business which I believe/thought would make it more collectible.

Here are a couple Rex originals both in same price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rex-K-Richardson-Chest...=item3cb6df56d6

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rex-K-Richardson-Chest...=item3cb6df5b03