Fly Tying
rockworm

Evolution Swap

Thanks guys. I have received PMs from the last four swappers and it sounds like we should meet our deadline. I am really looking forward to having a complete series and seeing the flies side by side as they evolve. Please post when your flies are in the mail.

Flies went into the mail first thing this morning... Should be there tuesday.

C

Thanks for the update, Dezod & CT. I'll be looking for your flies.

Gpd4- Received your two killer streamers with my swap flies from NJ. Thanks both of you.

The mailman just brought me my monthly FlyTyer and C Teeters swap flies. Another original pattern, nicely-tyed. (And I do like those legs.) Thanks for the extras!

Just received one dozen delicate little morsels from Dezod. Well, that's what the fish are going to be saying! Thanks kindly for the extras.

oh hell no we can't wait for anyone every swap I am in just gets delayed because people can't do their duty to oh hell never mind cencalfly you know I am just joking take all the time you need evolution took more then a week anyways long as we make it quicker then a million years we are ahead of the game

cencalfly

You were overly generous when you offered to give us two versions of your fly. I suggest that since it seems to have been an evolutionary dead end you forgo the Winged-Mutant Assassin spey version and just tye up a dozen of the Grey Assassin's Mutant Cousin. (This will also make it easier for me to organize as the entire series will consist of relatively small flies transmuting from one to the next.)

bluegill

I just thought I would mount each set of flies in a plastic gift box; Either in two rows of six or three rows of four (or maybe in a circle.) Since I don't have all your flies I haven't laid anything out yet. I will probably label each fly with either a number or its name (and maybe its originator.) I need to see how much room I have to work with. I am not planning anything as glorious or ambitious as a shadowbox. But I hope to do your fine flies justice.

cencalfly I have no problem waiting either we all have times when life comes up and interrupts the fishing flytying and everything else that is even remotely amusing. So take your time and I hope everything gets right for you