Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishing99

Material from the Dungeon

I think this is a funny story:

A few weeks ago, I ordered a bunch of dubbing from the Dungeon guys. I got a bunch of material from them today. It all looks very good. My problem is that I can't recall just what I ordered anymore.......

A few weeks ago, I ordered a bunch of dubbing from the Dungeon guys. I got a bunch of material from them today. It all looks very good. My problem is that I can't recall just what I ordered anymore.......

And I thought that only happened to me. Does he still package his goods un-labeled in clear plastic bags? That's the only thing I don't like about the dungeon. Maybe he can get Avery labels and stick the product name on the bags. Shouldn't cost that much and cut into his profits? And it would make it easy to replace the product down the road, when the person would like more.

I just received my Igor eys....look great.

I use pay pal, it will have a listing of what you ordered.

I was going to suggest what Panama just said. If you used Paypal your receipt should be itemized. Now figuring out which colors are which, well you are on your own there. I have a bunch of congo hair that I tried to label myself and for some I had to pretty much guess the color "is that the light gold, golden stone or...?"

Dave, I agree about the Igor eyes, great stuff. Too bad he already lost his supplier on them, but hopefully he'll be able to find another

I just received my Igor eys....look great.

I use pay pal, it will have a listing of what you ordered.

Good idea. I just did that. Good idea. Will include a photo of a BWO I tied this morning using skeeter fuzz

IMG_1353.jpg

SOME of my stuff is always labled, some is not. I don't think it is a cost thing... I think it is a time thing. I write down what I order as I finalize my cart so I know what is coming.

It is kind of a hassle dealing with this type of stuff, but I really like every product I have received. For the cost I am willing to put up with quite a bit.

C

And I thought that only happened to me. Does he still package his goods un-labeled in clear plastic bags? That's the only thing I don't like about the dungeon. Maybe he can get Avery labels and stick the product name on the bags. Shouldn't cost that much and cut into his profits? And it would make it easy to replace the product down the road, when the person would like more.

I order my stuff in bulk. Like dubbing I will order 10 to 12 packs of one type and when I get it , then I use a marker and label it. Then that way I know what is what. I have no problem ordering stuff from him I havent found anything he sales that I dont like. And either right the order down from the cart listing or from the paypal email...

I was going to suggest what Panama just said. If you used Paypal your receipt should be itemized. Now figuring out which colors are which, well you are on your own there. I have a bunch of congo hair that I tried to label myself and for some I had to pretty much guess the color "is that the light gold, golden stone or...?"

Dave, I agree about the Igor eyes, great stuff. Too bad he already lost his supplier on them, but hopefully he'll be able to find another

Hey Andy, First fish in the boat today came on a bull minnow pattern with Igor Demon eyes...I believe FTD sells a quality product at an insane price, well worth a hickup here and there. Will continue to spend my hard earned $ @ the Dungen.

Cheers...dave