Fly Tying
NJFlyMAn

Czech Nymph Swap!!!

Since I haven't seen a Czech nymph swap on this FTF. Thought I would host one for you guys/gals who are into this type of fishing & tying. And by hosting this swap, I hope to learn some cool patterns and materials you all use, since I'm new at tying this pattern. I would like if you can provide a recipe with the toe-tag for the nymph. Or you can just post the information on this thread if it's easier for you.

Due Date July 4th. Please have your flies mailed/postdated by June 27th :)

I'm looking for 12 people for this Czech nymph swap. Let's do this!!! B)

1.RockWorm Addy 6/2 Received 6/6

2.Bluegill576 Addy 6/3 Received 6/6

3.Crackleback Mailed 6/21 Received 6/25

4.Avril Addy 6/3 Mailed 6/4 Received 6/6

5.NJ All Day Addy 6/1 Mailed 6/18 Received 6/20

6.MCGX2 Addy 6/3 Mailed 6/6 Received 6/9

7.FishingBobNelson Addy 6/2 Mailed 6/3 Received 6/4

8.MyBadhabit Recieved 6/29

9.Dezod Addy 6/11

10.Jburge Addy 6/11 Received 6/22

11.Odan

12.Horseshoes Recieved 6/15

I also don't tie a lot of these, but I'm in to try something new! Could somebody give me a good pattern to tie since I don't really know these flies.

You read my mind. I've been thinking about doing this swap myself. I'm in.

-Mike

After reading your blog the other day. That's when I got the idea about hosting this swap..

Just hope we have some others that are into this style of fishing... B)

I also don't tie a lot of these, but I'm in to try something new! Could somebody give me a good pattern to tie since I don't really know these flies.

A drone stone is an awesome pattern if you like a Czech Nymphing pattern with many steps involved.. B)

I don't think a Drone Stone is a czech nymph?

Sorry about that...Your probably right about it not being a traditional Czech nymph. But it's a pattern that one uses for Czech nymphing. And that what I was thinking about, any pattern that one uses for an anchor fly in Czech nymphing, Polish nymphing,French and Spanish style nymphing is ok for this swap. Just looking for heavy nymphs that get down deep and are effective for these styles of nymphing.

ok i think ill do a stone drone, but could somebody either post the recipe or a link to a recipe. Thanks

ok i think ill do a stone drone, but could somebody either post the recipe or a link to a recipe. Thanks

Well, before committing, you should know that drone stones are woven bodies. Do you know how? Here is a link:

Well, before committing, you should know that drone stones are woven bodies. Do you know how? Here is a link:

Yes, I've done woven flies before.

Finally done with my senior projects!!! So I'm in.

And let me get thus strait. Any type of anchor fly like for French, Czech, French, Polish, and Spanish nymphing is fine?