Fly Tying

them look great Mike today brought a set of predators from breambuster a true staple to any gill box if you guys have never fished one of BB's predators your in for some awesome topwater fun I have caught fish in 20 mph winds on these things not sure why it is but the gills look up at them at any time

Thank you. I primarily use trout flies for bluegills. Those devils eat anything. I use this pattern often in the summer for trout. It produces well.

First off, let me apologize for being late this month. June just kind of got away from me. My flies are done and will be at the PO first thing tomorrow. I was going to tie a blue dragon fly, but then I received my swap flies for the recently completed smallmouth swap and yetavon's inverted gurgler really had me intrigued. Had to tie it for this swap.

thanks for hosting, again, and I again apologize. Will do better in July.

robert

when I got home from the hospital today the gills were all over my mailbox I beat them off with a stick to find a great set of poppers from crackleback the pics didn't do them justice these are great and the paint job is great Becky I might have to turn some balsa and send it out for painting

when I got home from the hospital today the gills were all over my mailbox I beat them off with a stick to find a great set of poppers from crackleback the pics didn't do them justice these are great and the paint job is great Becky I might have to turn some balsa and send it out for painting

I'll pass on the compliment.

-Mike

student4evers flies arrived today and they are well worth the wait thanks Frank we had 2 drop outs this month so I will be sending everyone an extra from somebody else I will get these sorted out and shipped on Monday

Folks; I have been awol for a bit. I somehow blew off the June bluegill surface fly deadline, realized it too late at the very last minute.

I sent an explanation to our host, asking if I could include the June BG bugs with my July bass bug offerings rather than delay the June swap. Not hearing anything back, (I haven't been checking in regularly, following any problems with this swap) I just assumed this was acceptable, if not desireable.

Checking back recently in preparation of sending out both June and July offerings, I realize our host never received my message. Not sure what has happened with the new format but I am apparently having some "challenges" communicating.

So; long story short, I sent 2 doz. foam bluegill bugs late for my June submission (penance/a peace offering) along with a dozen deer hair bugs out by priority mail for my July Bass Bug offering last Friday. Our host should receive both batches this Monday (Aug. 1).

I will do better from here on with my keeping track of things. This is my first tardiness with any swaps and I have no excuse. Somehow June just came and went in the blink of an eye and I lost track of the schedule. My BAD.

Forgive me??