Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NJFlyMAn

Meet & Great..Fly Fishing Event?

Was wondering if any members would have any interest in meeting up with each other for some fly tying and fly fishing in the Catskills in NY? Or any other state that has lodging near a river, and is a fly fishing destination place where we could get a good gathering of members who are interested in putting user names with faces of the friends they made or will make on this forum.

Or does this type of event/BBQ happen on this site, and I just keep missing all the details about it???

Sounds like a great idea!!! A bbq, some casting, fly tying, a fish, maybe a beer or 2. I could make NY for sure, would of course depend on timing.

Its a possibility for me, it all depends on the date.

/

Also do you have a place that we would all meet at?

Yes I do.. I have two prime locations i'm thinking about. One is in Roscoe and the other is in Hancock. Once I get a basic head count and the approximate date. I'll see what place is better for hosting our activities and let everyone decide on it. B)

Please dont tempt me with this :rolleyes:

I grew up fishing the Esoupus in Big Indian NY. First Trout OTF was over the mountain in the headwaters of the East Branch of the Delaware and stomped the headwaters of the Neversink a few times. Havent seen those waters in 15 years or so.

But we will be heading to the Albany area on the 22 for a week, have 2 weeks of visiting to do while there :wacko:

Darrin

Please dont tempt me with this :rolleyes:

I grew up fishing the Esoupus in Big Indian NY. First Trout OTF was over the mountain in the headwaters of the East Branch of the Delaware and stomped the headwaters of the Neversink a few times. Havent seen those waters in 15 years or so.

But we will be heading to the Albany area on the 22 for a week, have 2 weeks of visiting to do while there :wacko:

Darrin

Maybe this will make it more tempting for some... :lol:

I'm thinking of holding it a this place http://www.westbranchresort.com/

Or maybe even just a local camp ground or fishing access depending on the amount of people.

I would not mind doing something like this. If I may, for those of us living in the Mid-Atlantic States, why are we leaving to go else where? Just a thought. For me it will depend on the time and how much.

I would love to participate. I've got a whole group of people that would love to go. I also know a guy who Owns a cabin in the Adirondacks. 2 min drive to lake Abanacky and The Indian river.

I would not mind doing something like this. If I may, for those of us living in the Mid-Atlantic States, why are we leaving to go else where? Just a thought. For me it will depend on the time and how much.

If I could catch a flight out and the event is near an airport, I would probably make it out. Now if we could just get someone in the Aspen/Basalt area to hold an event that would be awesome. B)

sounds like a great idea but I live in missouri lol i used to "host" a fishing trip with all my buddies we would hit the lake and stay at my grandparents campground, then hit the lake for a couple days of fishing with grandpa as my guide, I think he spends most of his time out there its a dream of mine to fish and hunt whenever i want. But if you guys go through with the idea i Think pics, and what not are in order for the rest of us that cannot go.

I would love to participate. I've got a whole group of people that would love to go. I also know a guy who Owns a cabin in the Adirondacks. 2 min drive to lake Abanacky and The Indian river.

Flytyer14..Sounds great, Hope we can make this happen. B)