Fly Tying
flyfishingheaven

What did you catch your first fish on?

First fish ever was a goldeye caught on a worm when I was about 3 or 4. Used a bamboo rod and level wind reel.

First fish with a fly was a pike minnow caught on a Tom Thumb many years later.

Mine was a rainbow trout on a size 16 Light Cahill approximately 26 years ago. I remember that fly was still catching fish on top after it was no longer recognizable as a dry fly. It has been on my top-10 list of dries ever since.

-- Mike

A rainbow about 12" on an standard hackled, unwinged Adams dry that I tied. I started tying and fly fishing at the same time. 12 years later... I still haven't bought a fly.

Mine was a rainbow trout on a size 16 Light Cahill approximately 26 years ago. I remember that fly was still catching fish on top after it was no longer recognizable as a dry fly. It has been on my top-10 list of dries ever since.

-- Mike

Our fishing waters may be 1000s of miles apart...but

I'm with you there Hairstacker! My first was a little 11" Brookie taken on a size 16 Light Cahill in Sharpie's Creek here in southwestern Ontario; 7 years ago. That little brookie wasn't the only casualty hooked that day; as I fell victim as well. Since then I always pack an assortment of those dries (size/color) whenever I have the opportunity to wade those and the many other surrounding waters.

Jerome

My first fish was a flounder on cut bait in the long island sound. FF first fish was a 14" bow on a yellow wolly bugger with grizzly hackle, and red yarn tail size 14, schroon river warrensburg NY

Rich

i will let you know what i caught my first trout on when it happens lol lol lol.......... i caught my first ever fish (flathead) on a bit of beef on a hook lol lol lol

If were talking first fly then it was a Joes Hopper just downstream from burtons landing on the Au sable river and the fish was about a 6" brookie.

SD

a worm