Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Druce

great strike indicator

Fishon2 from flyforums (UK) has posted a wonderful idea for strike indicators, i am for sure going to use this no more line kinks from rubber washers, have a look if you care to ftf crew.

My link

IMG_4020.jpg

I've been producing those style indicators commercially on a limited basis for nearly 20 years. I do a yarn version with rolled/slotted tubing and also a foam version with solid or shredded foam. I call it the Nymph-icator. With a slotted tube, there is 3 ways to attach the leader. One is to use a toothpick, second is to half-hitch over the slotted tube and third is to fold the leader, thread it and then loop it over the slotted end. The last two can kink the leader but create a nice 90 degree bend for best nymphing angle and the last one can be put on or taken off without removing the fly/s.

Now I can uiefully get rid of some of the egg yarn I have accumlated. Never use agg patterns anymore, as Ialways find a nympbh, wet, or streamer that does the job better.

flyshxprt,

Your third method suits me to a T. It is easily adjustable and revoveable, and will stay in place to boot. Thanks for the tip and the generosity behind it.

Rocco