Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Taylor B. Hess

SalmonCrazy Members

Newp, but it looks interesting as the information is about lake ontario and the rivers that become a zoo. Are they here yet? I rekon we need more rain.

I joined as I am getting interested in actually tying and FISHING some salmon flies....no matter what I try to do on the site I get this message:

"lykos33, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Uhhh hellooooooo I received an email saying it was activated...think I'll stick with our resident salmon experts here on FTF

I joined as I am getting interested in actually tying and FISHING some salmon flies....no matter what I try to do on the site I get this message:

"lykos33, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Uhhh hellooooooo I received an email saying it was activated...think I'll stick with our resident salmon experts here on FTF

My father had the same problem. :/ It seems to be a new thing. I don't know if they are just overloaded or what. Who knows.

Newp, but it looks interesting as the information is about lake ontario and the rivers that become a zoo. Are they here yet? I rekon we need more rain.

There are already some fish in. Supposedly browns and steelies are in too. The water is around 70 degrees still, so idk what the steelies are thinking, but I guess there is enough food.

There are already some fish in. Supposedly browns and steelies are in too. The water is around 70 degrees still, so idk what the steelies are thinking, but I guess there is enough food.

Interesting B) , maybe a foray to one of my spots is in order. Wonder how high the water is too, in spring it was insane, flip flops, softballs, toy cars all floating downriver. actually might go look at one of the 'other' lakes tribs.

Interesting B) , maybe a foray to one of my spots is in order. Wonder how high the water is too, in spring it was insane, flip flops, softballs, toy cars all floating downriver. actually might go look at one of the 'other' lakes tribs.

They canceled the water release for Labor Day Weekend, but, the water is going to be running around 335 cps coming up. They are really holding back for this fall to string out the run.

Not sure where your getting your info, but the reservoir was about 5-6ft low not too long ago. They aren't holding back, they don't have it (water) to begin with right now. Surprised it got bumped to 335 cfs, but I think that is part of a contract/regulations.

A few steelies and browns always come in this time of year, and some may have been in the river all summer. Nothing to get excited about or make a special trip unless you live close. It won't be long though.

fishing is really slow on the river...there is a trickle of salmon coming in and they just bumped the flow from 335 to 750 cfs......that might bring some fish in

I have started hearing scattered reports, heading out later this week to see whats happening, surely it can only get better, i don't mind just casting and testing flies really, speaking of which VERN-O, i loved your articulated dace fly so much i just ordered a whole bunch of those new shanks :)

thanks Flyfishing Jam!!...that makes it feel worth posting it and the step by step. I had decent luck on Salmon River smallies and fallfish with this one:...it's ugly, but the fish were digging it

ShankMinnow.jpg

Reports I'm hearing are also saying steady fish yesterday and the flow is going back to 335cfs soon

My father had the same problem. :/ It seems to be a new thing. I don't know if they are just overloaded or what. Who knows.

I registered on there a week ago and still can not post or see pics. I emailed the admin but haven't heard anything either. Oh, well I guess. Just gonna have to spend more time on here ;)

Just got back from a trib, i must say there were a load of fish. One guy told me last weekend you could have walked across the river on their backs. Anyway i was skunked, everything spooked at my flies/ leader/ line. So i have a question, when the water is so low and clear with warm temperatures these fish are moody yeah? Do i have to use an egg pattern or a nymph with an indicator? Is this the best bet? Any ideas?