Fly Tying
MVHagey

Favorite Dun Style

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I clicked on sparkle. I hope that means sparkle dun. I .fish chalk streams in England - sparkle duns work very well (as do comparaduns) but I find them very floatable especially using frogs fanny on them

In my opinion, fishing a dun emergence is the apex of fly fishing. Since many styles of flies are used to imitate this stage in a mayflies life, I was wondering what your guys' favorite style is to FISH, not tie.

I think you have left out a few emerger styles. Ones that I happen to like a lot. The Klinkhammer special and Roy Christie's reversed parachute emerger. I really enjoy tying these and really like the way they look. I just started tying them this fall and I can't wait to try them out next spring. Has any one had any experience on the water with them? I'd like to hear what your opinions are.