Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GerardG

Fly-2000

I just checked that site out, and the program looks like a dandy. IT would be very nice to have all of my stuff in one location like that. I wonder if it is still being sold though. The dates on the bottom were 2000-2003. I wonder if Will could program some software to do that and use the downloads as a fund raiser for this site?

John

Seriously Will, if you could make a program that would allow us to upload images of our own flies, pattern recipes and other such stuff that would be great. I know it is the same thing as what the database is now but There a lot of flies that I would like to have in my own pe4rsonal database but not in the public cache. We dont need 400 different elk hair caddis in the database. IS that something you could develop? There are a lot of features on the fly 2000 software that are overkill to me, such as the proportion chart, and mustad hook index.

John

Yea I could defiently do it. I could make it so you could upload your own patterns while also being able to download patterns from the database directly into the program.

The problem is time. I can do anything given the time but that has not been a luxury for me.

I think this could be a good fund raiser for the board for this coming spring or something.

john

I am going to inquire about this program on some other boards too see if anyone has used the fly 2000.

john

You might try looking into Microsoft Access or Filemaker. It is really quite easy to construct a full database with a little reading, and using a Wizard to create your database structure. Access lets you enter photos or images as well as a lot of other data that YOU decide to include. You can also make the database "relational" to other databases you create. You might have tying instructions in one, images in another and available flytying materials in another. What you include is up to you. Search on "Microsoft Access" and "Tutorial" to seach the Web for ideas.

Philski