Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingboys

The SuperFly Fishing Machine

i've used Superfly for years. It was originally written for Windows 3.11 and then updated for 95. I've used it on Windows 95, 98 and XP with no problems. the program does not contain any spyware. the nice thing is that you can make different databases if you want, for me it would one for warmwater and one for saltwater. The name of your new database however must begin with the two letters "sf" and then whatever. I believe tha total name is limited to eight letters before the .mdb end (holdover from earlier versions of Windows). My data base is getting kid of large now at 23.1 MB, and I haven't put in some of the newest flies that I want in the database yet. I haven't used the inventory function either, because that would mean I'd have to take an inventory!!! That would take too long, since I'd also end up reorganizing everything, and I wouldn't get any tying done!!

Mark Delaney

i had this program on my old computer.

i loved it.the only problem is that if your hard drive packs in you lose all the work you have put in.

does anyone know how to transfer the data base with patterns input by the user to another machine.(ie if you have problems or buy a new computer.)

kind regards sean

You guys might also be interested in cyberfly lite. It embeds the tying information of a pattern right into the image file itself.

Cyberfly Lite

I have used it for a bit now, and love the features on it. They also have a bunch of patterns images up for you to download as well. You can also create your own patterns with it. The nice thing about it is that there is no DB to worry about. Just keep your images and your good.

hilty,

To save you currently installed version of SuperFly this is what you need to do. If your old computer has a CD-RW save the superfly file to a CD-R. Copy the file to your new computer. Then you will haved to change the sfdata#.mdb (# = number) from read-only archive to archive (you can change this under properties). You'll have to do the same thing to the sfdata#.ldb file . After that it should work just fine. I like to back up my SuperFly file about once a month.

Mark Delaney

I've installed it on XP machines with o problems, but some newer systems don't handle older software well. Have that problem at work with all the new Dell computers...

Before you install, make sure you install the patch. First expand the download, then the patch and then hit the install function in the folder it expands to...

Mark Delaney