Fly Tying
bluegill576

Tenkara Swap

So someone had the idea of a tenkara style fly swap in the tenkara topic and I thought it sounded like a great idea because I have found these flies very effective on multiple species in only the first couple weeks of fishing them and tying them. Also I think it is nice to be able to get more than one of each fly so There will be 6 people including me and everybody will tie 10 flies and you will not get any back. For this swap I think it will just be any tenkara style. For some ideas here are some sites but there are more if you google "tenkara flies". http://www.tenkarabum.com/tenkara-flies.html http://www.tenkarausa.com/index.php?cPath=24 http://www.tenkarabum.com/kiwis-tenkara-flies.html

Due Date January 30

1. SM peacock herl sakasa kebari

2. Famill00 killer bug reminder sent addy sent recieved 1/13

3. Bam budday Wasabi Ishigaki reminder sent addy sent recieved January 12

4. Margaretann reminder sent

5. Knightstalker Sakasa Kebari addy sent received January 6

6. Shadowfly addy sent received 1/13

Ok your in famil00. I was wondering what you use as a substitute for the old yarn? I got one from tenkara bum last week and it seems pretty good but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the reference shad and sorry you couldn't do this one.

For those f you whiting think the flies will work they are pretty much just soft hackle flies but the hackle is reversed on one type of them.

I'm in... I'll tie the Wasabi Ishigaki. It's a fly that can be fished wet or dry.

This is a variation of the Dr. Ishigaki in which the tail/body of the fly are bright caddis green as opposed to darker brown.

Dan

I'm in... I'll tie the Wasabi Ishigaki. It's a fly that can be fished wet or dry.

This is a variation of the Dr. Ishigaki in which the tail/body of the fly are bright caddis green as opposed to darker brown.

Dan

ok your in.

I would like to join with a Sakasa Kebari style also. I will experiment tomorrow with some materials and colors but probably will go with a royal style. Never fished or tied tenkara before, but I'm looking forward to adding some of these flies to my box and learning how to make them.

-kyle

Ok your in famil00. I was wondering what you use as a substitute for the old yarn? I got one from tenkara bum last week and it seems pretty good but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the reference shad and sorry you couldn't do this one.

I just ordered some of the Veniard 477, which is the Veniard sub for the Chadwicks. I talked to the guy who owned the fly shop where I ordered it from and he said it was just as good as the original!

-Forrest