Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pawleysi

howdy yall

greetings from pawleys island, s. cackalacky. mostly chase tailin reds and specs in north inlet with minimal success. like to tie but dont last long on any one pattern. playing with the 60 degree "jig" hook style right now. trying bending my own from 34007s and some other long shanks. love wabbit and buffalo belly.

Welcome! I really like that area, and spent a wonderful week on Pawley's back in Oct of 2010. Beautiful place! Didn't have much success with flies either while down there, but managed enough Flounders on bait to make the week interesting. I hope to get down there more in the coming years as I get closer to retirement & spend some time learning more about those inlets. I also tie a lot with rabbit, but never used buffalo, belly or otherwise!

I'm primarily a warmwater & tidalwater angler, so I also use jig hooks & other hooks not normally associated with fly tying!

I hope you'll post some of your patterns!

Im in Mt. Pleasant. Welcome to the forums and be sure to post up some ties in the saltwater for us!