Fly Tying
martylee

Project Healing Waters - Fort Belvoir & Quantico

Hi

As a former Marine, Fly Fishing Guide, Instructor, and Co-Director for the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing (PHWFF) Marine Wounded Warrior Regiment at Quantico and Ft Belvoir Chapters, I love the Warriors we help and support. We help the Warriors (Soldiers and Marines) find that “New Normal” through fly fishing and fly tying. There is nothing better than having a Wounded Soldier or Marine catch that first fish on a fly rod (on a fly that they tied), crack jokes and make remarks toward other military service members that makes us realize that what we do is working. These simple acts help the Warriors open up with the volunteers and participants. That makes us realize that what we do makes a difference and we are grateful to be part of this program.

PHWFF Ft. Belvoir and Quantico Chapters provide instruction on fly tying, fly rod building, and casting. Our Volunteer Fly Fishing Guides and Instructors are second-to-none; many have years of fly fishing experience and come from all walks of life. Most of our volunteers are currently serving in the Military or are retired.

With Walter Reed Medical Center closing and assigning wounded Warriors between Bethesda Naval Medical Center and the new Fort Belvoir Community Hospital , we have an increase in Warriors that we need to reach. We have reached our limit on the fly tying equipment, so I am asking for your kind assistance.

As ALL of the equipment we provide to the Warriors is free to them, when we need to replenish our supplies, we reach out to volunteers, donors and donor organizations to help us fill the need. We are in need of tying supplies, tying vises and materials to replenish the supply as we have successfully increased our numbers. Because of that, I am respectfully asking for a donation of any Vises and materials you wish to donate?

If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks for your support.

Thanks

Marty

[email protected]

Hi

As a former Marine, Fly Fishing Guide, Instructor, and Co-Director for the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing (PHWFF) Marine Wounded Warrior Regiment at Quantico and Ft Belvoir Chapters, I love the Warriors we help and support. We help the Warriors (Soldiers and Marines) find that “New Normal” through fly fishing and fly tying. There is nothing better than having a Wounded Soldier or Marine catch that first fish on a fly rod (on a fly that they tied), crack jokes and make remarks toward other military service members that makes us realize that what we do is working. These simple acts help the Warriors open up with the volunteers and participants. That makes us realize that what we do makes a difference and we are grateful to be part of this program.

PHWFF Ft. Belvoir and Quantico Chapters provide instruction on fly tying, fly rod building, and casting. Our Volunteer Fly Fishing Guides and Instructors are second-to-none; many have years of fly fishing experience and come from all walks of life. Most of our volunteers are currently serving in the Military or are retired.

With Walter Reed Medical Center closing and assigning wounded Warriors between Bethesda Naval Medical Center and the new Fort Belvoir Community Hospital , we have an increase in Warriors that we need to reach. We have reached our limit on the fly tying equipment, so I am asking for your kind assistance.

As ALL of the equipment we provide to the Warriors is free to them, when we need to replenish our supplies, we reach out to volunteers, donors and donor organizations to help us fill the need. We are in need of tying supplies, tying vises and materials to replenish the supply as we have successfully increased our numbers. Because of that, I am respectfully asking for a donation of any Vises and materials you wish to donate?

If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks for your support.

Thanks

Marty

[email protected]

Hi Marty,

Thank you for all you do for the veterans. After what they do (did) for us it is little we fly fishers can do to help show our appreciation. Take care & ...

Marty,

You have an email from me.

Rocco

Good Morning Rocco

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks

Marty Laksbergs, USMC Ret.

Co-Director Ft Belvoir & Quantico Chapters PHW

6718 Catskill Road

Lorton, VA 22079

Martylee, if you could post a list of the stuff that you need, I'm sure we all would be glad to help, but we could use a little more info on just what to send you.

Blane

Martylee, if you could post a list of the stuff that you need, I'm sure we all would be glad to help, but we could use a little more info on just what to send you.

Blane

Happy New Year Blane

Actually we could use rods, reels, waders, boots and fly tying vices and materials (hooks, threads, tools, etc).

Thanks

Marty Laksbergs, USMC Ret.

Co-Director Ft Belvoir & Quantico Chapters PHW

6718 Catskill Road

Lorton, VA 22079

703-282-0931